cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwill
New Contributor

Application Error Occurred

Hi Everyone -

This afternoon we started receiving  "Application Error Occurred" errors when trying to launch GoToMeeting throughout our network. The message says, "An error has occurred that will cause the application to exit after a short delay."

I've reinstalled, checked the virus scanner logs, and checked firewall logs with no luck at all.

Has anyone else had this issue before?

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Application Error Occurred

Hi dwill,

In my experience, this message often means you have a local security application that is blocking the setup or connection --- either installed on each PC, or representing a network filter / firewall. 

Have you tested one of the problem machines without the security engaged, or off your local area network connection?

dwill
New Contributor

I fully disabled the security on the OSX machine and connected it to a mobile hotspot and I still get the error.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

What specific Mac OS are you working with?

Specifically what security protocols / software / firewall are you using?

dwill
New Contributor

I was on an OS X 10.9.5 machine w/ ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS (uninstalled fully to test and still error'd out). The network is sitting behind Fortinet firewalls which allow GoToMeeting to pass through w/ no restrictions and full bandwidth. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

That sounds like a pretty secure set up to me.  Have you tested with other devices or reached out to Eset for support?

dwill
New Contributor

@dwill wrote:

I fully disabled the security on the OSX machine and connected it to a mobile hotspot and I still get the error.

ESET was fully removed from the machine with the computer connected to a mobile hotspot (isolating it off the network).

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@MiguelRamirez  You should not have to disable your local security as long as you have allowed GoTo services to connect freely within the advanced firewall settings.

The settings required can be found on our support site here:

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-configure-gotomeeting-to-work-with-firewalls-g2m09000...