cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Audio Only Meetings

Can someone please explain the differences between initiating a meeting with or without using the organizer PIN.  I called support to ask how one could initiate an audio only meeting and he said I need an organizer PIN to make that happen.  We assigned on via the portal and did initial testing.  

He said, schedule the meeting.  Send out the meeting and when the time comes, call the number but enter the organizer PIN if you are the organizer.  Guest connecting into the meeting do not need a special pin number.  They simply call the same number and they are magically on the call. 

I did the exact same test, but this time without using my organizer pin and all parties are on the call by simply calling the number and entering the meeting code. 

hmmm....

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Audio Only Meetings

Hi there,

Technically if you schedule a new meeting using our integrated telephone audio (not including toll-free), then that audio becomes available immediately for use as you need it.  In this case, all participants would press the pound (#) key when asked for their PIN, to bypass the request and enter each attendee to the audio conference.

If you wanted Organizer control of the conference call itself, then you would want to set up the Org PIN beforehand so that you or another individual could utilize these functions (mainly to toggle the conference muting from open to closed).

Highlighted
New Contributor

AshC, thank you.  

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your insight.

I'm trying to set up a recurring audio-only conference call that doesn't require an organizer pin, as sometimes I can't attend the call. Is there a way to do this?

In my account settings I don't use Toll-Free (I have Computer muc & Speakers (VOIP) and Long Distance numbers (US) checked) but it won't let me leave the Organizer Pin field blank.

Basically just trying to set up a simple conference line that only uses an Access Code because people are calling in using regular phones - not the GoToMeeting app or their computers.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@mjjacobs  Are you scheduling from the website, desktop, or plugin specifically, and on which operating system?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Scheduling from the Website, using Google Chrome browser, on a Mac running OS Mojave 10.14.6.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

In my online account I have the option to create an Organizer PIN under Settings, but I am not forced to create one when I schedule an 'Anytime' meetings.  Do you happen to have a screen shot of where the request is coming from?

Also, to you have the same experience when scheduling from your desktop?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Its in the Settings where i'm unable to proceed without leaving an Organizer PIN. If the field is blank it won't let me exit the page and save the settings. See attached.Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 3.34.50 PM.png

When setting up the meeting, there is no difference or any area where using an organizer Pin is an option. But when the users call in they are asked for the organizer pin, .

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@mjjacobs Can you make sure that this setting is disabled? 

Start GoToMeeting By Phone:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/start-a-meeting-by-phone