cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gtarr@seisware.
New Contributor

Auto login to GoToMeeting

We have conference room PC that often is used to organize GoToMeeting. We have a shared local account on the system and a single G2M account associated with it. So when anyone logs in to the system with the local account G2M will be logged in with the proper credentials.
The issue is that some users will log into G2M with their own credentials which screws up the meeting room for the next person. The designated G2M account is no longer logged in and IT must be called to log in with the credentials (the password is not widely known to avoid potential issues with password sharing). 
I was wondering if there was any was to create a script which would auto-logon G2M with the appropriate credentials whenever the local account logs onto this system?
7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Auto login to GoToMeeting

Hi,

There isn't a way to lock the desktop software to a specific account currently, especially if the user signs out of the current account. You may want to take a look at our new GoToConference offering: https://www.gotomeeting.com/features/gotoconference

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gtarr@seisware.
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm not as concerned about locking the account down as having an automated method of resolving the issue when it occurs. Are there any switches for g2mstart.exe to include account and password or another way of scripting the G2M account to login when started? Then we could run the script at login or provide it when required.
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hello,
I apologize we do not have a script or option to lock-in GoToMeeting credentials per separate user accounts on a single PC or Mac at this time.

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Marc-Andre Berg
New Contributor

Hello, not exactly the same but i would like to know where is saved the credentials for the auto-login. Because we have a couples of conference rooms computers  with a a GTM user on it and i filled the credentials then i click the checkbox to save. The problem is that we use deepfreeze on computers to be sure that none of ours users will try to enter their own credentials, so they dont screw the room for the next user. But everytime GTM releasing an update, all the saved credentials disappear and we have to go on every computers to fill it up again, which is quite annoying. I opened a ticket with deepfreeze technicians and they need to know where is store those credentials, to fixed that issue.

Thank
AshC
GoTo Moderator

Hi Marc-Andre,
We received your email support request, and are reviewing the case currently for a proper response.  So far, I'm not aware that we permanently store credentials in one place, but we should know more soon.

Marc-Andre Berg
New Contributor

Hello AshC,

any news since i ve opened the case with GoToMeeting^

Its been almost a year, and we still have that issue.

Best,

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@Marc-Andre Berg I'm afraid you will have to 'Sign Out' of the GoToMeeting software in order to break the clearance allowed to host meetings under your account.  Simply uninstalling the software there doen't have much effect, as the Organizer credentials are no longer stored locally in the registry.