cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C-ALYANAK
Active Contributor

Can share apps, not screen

Two macs. One works, the other does not.

GTM 10.9.1 MacOS 10.15.4 iMac Pro

I can share applications, cannot share a screen.

Was working before. No longer works.

Still does work on my MacBook Pro (same GTM and OS versions).

Any ideas anyone?

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
C-ALYANAK
Active Contributor

Re: Can share apps, not screen

Thanks, but like I mentioned, I could share apps and I had already checked all of the permissions.

In the end I found the problem, and it is a bizarre one. I have a multi-screen setup, four to be accurate. One of those is an HDTV, not a monitor. When that HDTV is plugged into the Mac, GoToMeeting will only allow me to share apps, not screens. As soon as I unplug that TV, and only that TV, the other three screens come back to life in GTM and I can share any one of them. Something in GTM does not like that Samsung TV. Note that it's connected via HDMI and that otherwise, it works perfectly well with my OS and all other apps.

Anyway, for now problem fixed: I just have to disconnect the TV during my GTM sessions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
C-ALYANAK
Active Contributor

Quick preemptive note, yes, privacy/screen recording is checked in system prefs.

🙂

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi there,

Check out this support document, and check that the allowances are all made:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/why-cant-i-access-the-microphone-share-my-camera-or-share-my-s...

Sometimes a re-install may help trigger the security request again.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
C-ALYANAK
Active Contributor

Thanks, but like I mentioned, I could share apps and I had already checked all of the permissions.

In the end I found the problem, and it is a bizarre one. I have a multi-screen setup, four to be accurate. One of those is an HDTV, not a monitor. When that HDTV is plugged into the Mac, GoToMeeting will only allow me to share apps, not screens. As soon as I unplug that TV, and only that TV, the other three screens come back to life in GTM and I can share any one of them. Something in GTM does not like that Samsung TV. Note that it's connected via HDMI and that otherwise, it works perfectly well with my OS and all other apps.

Anyway, for now problem fixed: I just have to disconnect the TV during my GTM sessions.