cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Creating a meeting within Outlook makes the profile broken!

Hello, I have the Outlook plug-in installed in Outlook 2016. When I add GTM information to a meeting and then send it to my parties, the message remains in the outbox and the whole application freezes and can't be recoveded. There is no way to delete the message from the outbox; when Outlook starts send/receive operations, it freezes; when it starts in Offline mode, the application runs normally, but the message can't be deleted. The only fix I found is to completely delete my email account and recreate it from scratch (losing a lot of usefule information). What's wrong? Can you fix this?
Tags (3)
10 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Creating a meeting within Outlook makes the profile broken!

Hi @P-Dario

This sounds more like an issue with your email account setup in Outlook, the GoToMeeting plug-in simply creates a meeting invitation and inserts the GoToMeeting details. This would not affect your ability to send the email itself. If I remember correctly when an email is stuck sending in the Outbox you can usually click on it to see if there is an error message explaining what is wrong.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

This is what happens, indeed. Outlooks works fine, but when I put GTM infomation in a meeting request; this makes it crash and I have to discard my email account and recreate it
LogMeIn Contributor

@P-Dario Have you already tried reinstalling Outlook from scratch?

Does similar behavior present itself when you are copying other text into an Outlook appointment?

Active Contributor

Absolutely not: this happens only when I add GTM to the meeting request and send it.
Tags (1)
Active Contributor

Anyway it does not only add text to the meeting body, as the buttons in the ribbon change. There's also some other data that gets changed and that could be the cause.
LogMeIn Contributor

@P-Dario  Do you have any error messages or screen shots that may help us understand what Outlook is doing there?  If not, could you reach out to Customer Support in order to demonstrate the failure?

Active Contributor

No messages: as soon as I press "Send invitation", Outlook freezes and I can only kill it. When it restarts, it freezes again a few seconds after restart (when it tries to send the message in the outbox); if I manage to put it in offline mode in those few seconds, it stays running, but I can't delete that message from the outbox. That's all you will see and I don't want to make this all again, as this means to delete my email profile, recreate it and download all the messages again, plus I will lose emailed addresses, email reminders and so on.
LogMeIn Contributor

@P-Dario  If this is an ongoing issue, I would consider the following steps:

1. Checking for all available Microsoft updates
  2. Reinstalling Outlook
  3. Contacting LMI Customer Care with the Outlook crash logs
Active Contributor

Where can I find Outlook crash logs?