cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trb
New Contributor

Drawing tools

I have found previous discussions, but I have not found a solution.

As of today, Sept 9, 2024, our GoToMeeting Desktop program changed and we no longer have shared drawing tools. The presenter can draw, but others can not. In our design world, this makes GoToMeeting pretty close to worthless. Remote control of the other's mouse/keyboard is not a solution for removing the drawing tools. We have used GoToMeeting since 2007 and this omission is disappointing (not the word we have used as we have been pulling our hair out today trying to work, but since this a public forum, I am trying to be polite). 

4 REPLIES 4
Michael4190
New Contributor

Re: Drawing tools

Hi! I just talked with support about the same issue. She said you have to go into "pop out" mode to access these tools, and then also instruct all people on the meeting to also go to pop out mode.

I wanted to direct feedback to the development team, this extra step will add confusion for my clients I think, it would be nice if we could all use drawing tools from the base app interface like the old way. Thanks!
Michael

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@trb Welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Drawing tools are still available for GTM in the new app. Please see this article. 

There are improvements scheduled for later this year, like the laser pointer. We will update the community when this is available. 

@Michael4190 thanks for your input and feedback on flexible view, I will share this with the team. We are requesting the article call out this requirement better as well. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
trb
New Contributor

Kate,

Thank you for the  response. We had figured out the presenter can draw and can give an attendee remote access as noted in the article, but we have yet to figure out how an attendee can draw on the presenter's screen.

Thanks

Todd

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@trb  ah yes, attendee's drawing on the presenter's screen is also coming later this year.  

My post here offers some suggestions in the meantime. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training