cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lb_lubos
New Contributor

Firefox no longer supported?

I used to connect to my meetings using Firefox for many years. However, today I am getting "Sorry, this browser isn't supported." What changed and do I need to cancel my subscription? I am on the latest version of Firefox (122) on Ubuntu 22.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Firefox no longer supported?

Hi @lb_lubos,

On Linux or ChromeOS we only support Chrome/Chromium browsers for joining in the browser, Firefox has not been supported as it manages audio differently and will require additional development.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @lb_lubos,

On Linux or ChromeOS we only support Chrome/Chromium browsers for joining in the browser, Firefox has not been supported as it manages audio differently and will require additional development.

lb_lubos
New Contributor

But this is not true from personal experience. I have been using GoToMeetings through Firefox on Ubuntu for years. This is actually the reason I stuck with G2M as it was supported without needing additional applications.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

10+ years ago when we used Flash for joining from the browser and Firefox was supported briefly, but once Flash was dropped by all of the browsers and we switched to using HTML5 we have only supported Chrome/Chromium (and more recently Edge as it is Chromium based). 

Firefox implemented HTML5 differently from Chromium so while some parts of our browser based experience may work, it is not supported and we have been directing anyone using Firefox to use Chrome when joining a meeting for years. 

lb_lubos
New Contributor

Right, but I am talking like few months ago, not back in the Flash days. I suspect that what happened historically, G2M would show some message saying that the browser may not be supported but it allowed you to use it anyway - and meetings worked perfectly fine. However, when I tried to join a meeting today, there was no way to connect through Firefox. Thanks for responding though! My sub is paid till end of March so I'll just cancel at that time.