cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Force launch meetings in the desktop app (Windows - Vivaldi browser)

Hello -

I use global.gotomeeting.com AND gotomeet.me links to launch into meetings. I want my meetings to use the Desktop app instead of the web application. My main browser is Vivaldi (2.9.1705.34) where all the launches are now happening in the web (was not the case earlier). I went ahead and tested the behaviors across multiple browsers and saw different patterns. 

Please let me know how I can force the 2 web links (global.gotomeeting.com AND gotomeet.met) to open with the desktop app only.

I am running the GTM desktop app 8.46.1.14107 on Win 10. Any help is appreciated.

TypeBrowserGTM Client launched
global.gotomeeting.com linkEdgeDesktop
gotomeet.me linkEdgeDesktop
global.gotomeeting.com linkChromeWeb
gotomeet.me linkChromeWeb
global.gotomeeting.com linkOperaDesktop
gotomeet.me linkOperaDesktop
global.gotomeeting.com linkVivaldiWeb
gotomeet.me linkVivaldiWeb
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Force launch meetings in the desktop app (Windows - Vivaldi browser)

Hi there,

If you are launching your own GoToMeeting broadcasts, have you tried starting these from your My Meetings area of the local application instead of clicking a join link or logging in online?

Reference: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/start-a-scheduled-meeting-g2m020007

Highlighted
New Contributor

gotomeet.me link
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello

These are meetings that I am invited to. So typically, I am clicking a link from my outlook calendar invite. Clicking the link takes me to the browser and then the behavior that I described. Could you clarify what the intended behavior is supposed to be? I see such differences between browsers that I am confused what is the behavior as designed.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Jose, I would try uninstalling everything 'GoTo' related, then reboot and try clicking another Join link next time.  In theory, Chrome should prompt you to allow the GoTo Launcher, which is the hinge to open the desktop application.