cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

How do I get one-click phone number in Google Calendar entries?

I'm trying to send out GoToMeeting invitations from Google Calendar so my attendees will have the ability to use one-click dialing from their phone. Is this possible??

When I paste GoToMeeting calendar info into a Goolge calendar description, it strips all the tags. Also, if I just include the HTML link, from an iPhone it requires the users to download an app. There does not seem to be a way to provide a one-cline (phone number + meeting ID) option without requiring the user to download the app.

Note: I can paste the GTM info into Gmail the one-click codes work. It appears to just be a problem pasting into the description of a calendar item.

Thanks in adavnce for any help!!

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I get one-click phone number in Google Calendar entries?

Hi @epulaski ,

Please make sure the meeting invitation you are pasting into is set to HTML and not plain text.  Let me know how that goes, if it has any effect. 

New Contributor

How would I set the description of a Google Calendar request to HTML? I don't see any way to do that. It looks like HTML to me when I paste the info, but I think the HTML is actually getting stripped before Google sends out the invite. I read somewhere that Google did this intentially because of a problem some people were having with HTML. 

One fix for me would be for there to be a way to get to the one-click codes by clicking on the meeting link from the mobile app; however, this requires the user to download an app, else there is no way to get to one-click codes. With Zoom, for exmaple, even if you don't download the app, you can see the number and click on a one-click link.

LogMeIn Contributor

I agree completely, as it would be a nice enhancement for clickable dial-in options from a GoToMeeting email / calendar invite.