cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon_gg
New Contributor

Internet dropping during hosted meetings

When I'm hosting a meeting (on a Windows 10 PC) my internet will stop working on my PC for about 20-30 seconds and then reconnect.  During this time the entire computer has no internet access.  Other devices connected to my router continue to have internet access.  After about 20-30 seconds the internet connection resumes.  Then it'll happen again.  The longer I host the meeting the more frequent the connection gets lost.  I had no problems on my old computer which was Windows 7.  I've recently bought a new PC with Windows 10 and it's suddenly started happening.  Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
GoToUser1749
New Contributor

Re: Internet dropping during hosted meetings

I have this same problem! My internet is a gigabit network. All my devices work fine, the internet works fine when not performing GoToMeeting. I host 2-3 meetings a week. Every time I start to request keyboard and mouse control and make my attendee a presenter. My home internet drops. I have to wait 5 minutes for my internet to come back up and it reconnects in GoToMeeting.

I notice when it's going to happen because the Audio will drop first in GoToMeeting and then everything else.

This never happens when using Microsoft Teams, regular work day activities, etc. Anyone else run into this?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@GoToUser1749   I'm afraid we don't have many reports of local area network connections being directly influenced by GoToMeeting broadcasts.  Can you try running this Connection Wizard app to see if things improve before your next session?  

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/install-and-run-the-connection-wizard-windows 

GoToUser1749
New Contributor

@AshCThank you for your response. Much appreciated. I went ahead and ran the connection wizard and it worked great but today, I started another GoToMeeting session and had the same issue. These sessions are considered trainings for my clients. Where I make them a presenter and I request keyboard mouse control. As soon as those permissions are accepted, the audio drops on the meeting, the session freezes, and my internet connection drop for all devices on my network. I don't have this issue with any other programs I work with. If I have a week without GoToMeeting sessions, I don't have any internet issues.

Any assistance is appreicated.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@GoToUser1749  I've honestly never heard of something like that happening, so next I might try looking at some local event logs from your network and operating system.  Rebooting the entire LAN never hurts either.