cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Multiple Sessions of Same Meeting

I have several users who are experiencing multiple sessions of the same meeting starting when they launch the meeting from the link and this will also cause an echo through the meeting. The user is not able to stop one session, but must close everything down and start over for only one session to run. 

It only occurs when they are joining the meeting as a participant and not as an organizer.

Any suggestions on why this is happening and how do I stop it.

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Multiple Sessions of Same Meeting

Sorry!  Could you specify what operating systems, security software / plugins, and GoToMeeting software version are in play on the problem machines?

New Contributor

Windows 10 Enterprise

Trend Micro OfficeScan
GoToMeeting 8.42.0.12604

LogMeIn Contributor

OK, it sounds like maybe the firewall or browser plugin may be stopping the initial GoTo launch attempt.  It may be fruitful to have the affected participants check Trend Micro or temporarily disable it to test further.

New Contributor

I don't understand this response, the meeting is running twice on one computer causing an echo and other issues for the participants. This issue is only resolved once they close out of the meeting completely and then restart and it only happens when they are the participant and not the organizer.

LogMeIn Contributor

This problem only occurs where GoTo services are blocked at some point from finalizing the installation or endpoint connection, and is extremely rare.  My suggestion would be to test without TrendMicro, and/or test those affected in SafeMode in case there's a malicious plugin somewhere they don't know about.