cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SmithWeekly
Active Contributor

Re: Organizer Mute Control

Thanks again for the message. This functionality should be a core component of any paid audio-presentation conferencing service. Organizers need to have this control across phone and computer controls since the organizers are those paying for the service and are those who moderate the meeting. Regardless of the attendee count, this option for the host should be available. As it stands, the organizer cannot control if an attendee chooses to speak out of turn or raise a question while another attendee or organizer is speaking/presenting. Again, this function is a simple basic function that should be fully available.

GotoWebinar is great and has many features that users of GotoMeeting may not use. A full mute control again is core functionality and an upgrade to GotoWebinar just for this feature alone does not make sense.

Are you able to put in a high level request for this functionality to be added back? Under this situation, at least the optionality would be available for these circumstances where it is needed. This is yet another step to improve the sevice in a fashion that does not impact the value proposition provided by GotoMeeting. Please confirm if you can make the request for this change.

Thanks for the help and support with regard to this matter.

Marilyn4

A secondary question that is a step further from this scenario,  the organizer controls and the attendee controls both show that the attendee was muted, how could everyone continue to hear the attendee? The attendee used the Call Me feature for audio and had the presentation on the computer screen.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Marilyn4  That scenario shoud not happen if the controlling Organizer was successfully connected through the endpont software.   Please let us know should it continue.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Marilyn4

We will try to replicate. Can you provide me the definition or steps needed to be "successfully connected thru the endpoint software"? I want to be able to replicate
Thanks!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Marilyn4  If you are dialing in by phone, make certain that your dial-in instructions disappear on your GoToMeeting control panel once you enter your Organizer PIN via keypad.  This should give you the green light to mute any conference member thereafter.

RobertEngel
New Contributor

Unmute attendees with phone dial in and without audio pin entered

Hello Support,

we as discussed with the support we should raise this request:

If a user attends a meeting with phone dial in and enters no audio pin it is impossible to mute the attendee. We can send an audio pin, but as long as the user is dialed in he cannot type in the audio pin. in order to be unmuted he has to hang up and dial in again with conference id and audio pin. For a few attendees it is not the problem, but with many attendeed (we have a 150 attendee license) it is awful. Please force the development to mute an attendee with dialing regardless if audio pin is entered. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unmute attendees with phone dial in and without audio pin entered

@RobertEngel  I apologize for the difficulty you experienced.

At this time, an Organizer PIN is still required in order to cycle the GoToMeeting audio into 'Listen Only' mode (*5).  This is for the security of the meeting controls, and you can easily receive a PIN through your desktop or mobile device once launched into the active session.

If you are holding mostly Audio-Only meetings, and need more advanced audio options, I can also suggest the use of OpenVoice conferencing services:  https://www.gotomeeting.com/audio-conferencing

RobertEngel
New Contributor

Re: Unmute attendees with phone dial in and without audio pin entered

a beta version was installed that allows to mute phone dialed in users, i tested and saw that this matches my requirement.

COT

Re: Do NOT allow attendees to Un-Mute

Based on my needs and those in this thread, I think it would be a good idea for a "hard mute all" to be a feature request and have the option in the Control Panel. Thank you.

Glantz
New Contributor

Attendee Puts Conference On Hold - Hold Music Plays Despite Mute

Hello there,

When we host company-wide conferences, we mute all callers when they join the meeting, and have set up the auto-mute feature for desktop audio. We had a phone caller put the meeting on hold to answer another call, which put their hold music on for all other callers to hear. Is there a way to block hold music from playing during a call? Why is that music not muted since the caller is?

Thanks!