cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Attendee Puts Conference On Hold - Hold Music Plays Despite Mute

If you have one Attendee that has unmuted themselves, then they may be able to interrupt at times.  In order to force a hard-mute, I suggest dialing into the GoToMeeting Audio Conference bridge yourself, as the Organizer, and then toggling the listening mode with the star + five keys (*5) until this option is presented.

** The Mute-All function will always work, but isn't a hard-mute like the phone keypad command.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Glantz
New Contributor

Re: Attendee Puts Conference On Hold - Hold Music Plays Despite Mute

Thank you so much! I will give that a try.

mls27275

Re: Mute Attendees

I saw you may have an update that will allow meeting presenters in GoTo Meeting the same muting priveleges in GoToWebinar.  We are using the platform for live multi-person music and dance classes.  GoToWebinar does not allow our presenter to see all the attendees webcams, but go to meeting does not allow the mute/handraise and registration options.  Are there any updates that might either expand GoToWebinar's webcams or conversely have the mute option in GoToMeeting?  I prefer this plat form and LogMeIn's services, but I'm finding this limiting - but the suggestion there might be an update coming gave me hope...

Thanks!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mls27275 If a GoToMeeting Organizer dials into the conference line via telephone, then they can cycle through talking modes for the entire audience with the *5 command.  Waiting for the Mute All option will permanently lock the attendees audio into one-way listening mode.

There is no ETA for GoToWebinar to allow more than 6 webcams at this time.

Mike_G
New Contributor

The ability for the Organizer to set 'mute all' ahead of time for every attendee joining is a very important to most GoToMeeting users.  The solution of upgrading to GoToWebinar is not reasonable as it costs about 3x GoToMeeting.  The basic 'mute all before joining'  functionality should be standard as it  is even included with the free version of Zoom. 

TOVDEW
Visitor

Re: Do NOT allow attendees to Un-Mute

Looking back over a year, and still no hard mute from the controls. I've noticed no hard mute in the organizer controls and the answer is still to dial in to do the *5 cycle method which is ridiculous. If someone is interrupting, your only option is to boot them and lock the meeting quick or let them interrupt and cause problems until you can dial in, enter the access code and cycle everyone into a forced/locked mute, then have the organizer unmute people who will be talking. Zoom is your competitor and has this option readily available. Please implement that feature back in the mix. You state you removed it after changing the attendee limit. You're product seems to be perfect minus that missing feature.

There is no harm having that ability in the organizer side while on the application.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TOVDEW If you need more control or privacy over your audience, then you may want to consider GoToWebinar services, where all attendees are hard-muted by default upon entry. 

3HHH
Visitor

So your solution seems to tell us to use a different platform. From an end-user viewpoint, that is not a solution.  GoToMeeting does not state up front that the organizer cannot maintain control over their meeting.  Instead, the organizer discovers, mid-stream, that it is a free for all with no way to manage it. Then you tell the organizer, after the fact, to go to a different platform if they want to be able to actually be in charge of their meeting. I will not bother any more with GoToMeeting when other services actually provide the service that is expected.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@3HHH  If you want to 'hard-mute' your audience, dial in early as the Organizer via telephone, and use the *5 command to rotate into listen-only mode for your audience.  I'm sorry there isn't an extra command via the endpoint to do this currently. 

This will be a great feature to have in GoTo Meeting.  The mute all features works great but attendees can simply unmute themselves.  This feature is available in Zoom Meeting basic features.  I wonder how we suggest this feature for GoTo Meeting?