cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChildrensLeague

Only record the presenter's webcam.

Hi there! 

New user here. In the video recordings, it shows all participants. I'm hoping to "lock" the video recording so that it only shows whoever is speaking. Is there a function in the settings that would enable me to do that? For context we are using gotomeetings (not any of their other platforms).

We have folks in the calls that don't wish to be recorded and I need to know if there is a way to opt them out beyond just telling them to not use their video function. 

Also it's a bit annoying to have one person speaking but seeing multiple faces of non-speaking attendees in the recording. 

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Locking the Speaker

Hi @ChildrensLeague 

This is not currently possible, when you record all shared webcams will be captured. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
NavalAssoc

Re: Only record the presenter's webcam.

This is a great suggestion, and I'd like to be able to spotlight only the presenter and his/her shared screen for recording.  How do I make this a formal suggestion for a change to the product?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Only record the presenter's webcam.

Hi @NavalAssoc welcome to the community! If you want to see the just the presenter in your recording, you should be able to do that by selected "Who's Talking" under Talking on the top of the meeting screen. 

Screenshot 2022-12-13 153432.jpg

For future reference, you can submit ideas to the GoTo Meeting Community idea board linked here

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training