cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

PIN Request on launch

This screen requesting a PIN appears when I launch GoToMeeting. It is new in the last month (since the last time I ran the software). I have not been able to find any information about it nor do my meeting organizers know anything about it. It seems to want four characters, which is wrong for both the audio PIN and the meeting code. Where can I find the correct thing to put here?Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 9.14.23 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: PIN Request on launch

Hi @athaler ,

The 4-digit PIN request has to do with newer GoToMeeting functionality and some security requirements:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/start-a-meeting-by-phone

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm not sure that's what this is. It appears when I start the application directly without using a meeting URL, and my organizer hadn't set a meeting pin as described in your link.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

It is also possible this was a setting required by an administrator of the account.  Are you able to recreate this on every meeting?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I only use GTM about once a month, and in between I don't have a way to test it beyond launching the client. However, it appears as soon as I launch the software, before any meeting connection is requested.

This is a personal computer, and I am the only local administrator.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

I see.  In this case, you would want to confirm that the event Organizer does not have this feature enabled.  I'm afraid the setting is currently required on there, though this PIN is specifically for starting the conference as an Attendee.