cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elynn
Active Contributor

People made Organizer are muted/lose audio

Hello,

Our company creates meetings for multiple employees from a single GTM account that is maintained by admins (me).  Because of this system, every meeting I start, I have to make one of the people joining an Organizer.  Almost every time I make someone an Organizer, GTM automatically mutes them.

The issue is that, rarely but often enough, making someone Organizer takes their audio away completely.  It is not muted, it is disconnected, and so far it appears there is no way to get it back.

If anyone else has experienced audio issues like this, any input would be helpful.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: People made Organizer are muted/lose audio

Hi @Elynn thanks for the additional information. 

Speaking with the team, when an attendee is promoted to organizer, it’s a brand new audio connection to the audio infrastructure. This would explain why audio is lost temporarily (I tested this with my co-worker and we noticed the audio dropped and was then restored relatively quickly.) 

If the audio never comes back like the pic below, the user may have the settings set to keep the mic off, like in the picture below. Could you check that the next time it happens? 

Screenshot 2024-03-20 153348.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Elynn Welcome to the GoTo Community!

Can you give me a bit more information? 

• Is the person you made Organizer starting the meeting? 
  • What method are they logging in? Are they prompted to use a PIN? 
  • Can you PM the meeting ID for the affected meetings and we can take a look at the audio settings? To PM me, click on my username on the left, on the next page, top right, you will see the option to message me. 

Elynn
Active Contributor

Hi, Kate, thanks for responding!

Is the person you made Organizer starting the meeting? 

• No, myself or another admin with control of the GTM account creates and begins the meetings for our team members.  Once whoever is "running" the meeting joins the call, the admin who started the meeting designates that person as the Organizer.  Upon making someone an Organizer, GTM mutes their mic and they have to unmute it, which isn't a problem.  The problem is that occasionally, when someone is designated as Organizer, GTM fully stops recognizing their audio input when right up until being designated as Organizer they had full audio capabilites.  They can hear other people on the call, but they cannot speak.

What method are they logging in? Are they prompted to use a PIN? 

• Some team members use browser to join the meeting and some use the desktop app.  I do not believe there is ever a PIN prompt, as the meetings are set up so that anyone with a link can join - these are often meetings between our team and people outside of our organization.

Can you PM the meeting ID for the affected meetings and we can take a look at the audio settings? To PM me, click on my username on the left, on the next page, top right, you will see the option to message me. 

• I appreciate the offer to help, but I do not feel comfortable sharing any meeting information.  Our company deals with PHI, HIPAA protected information, and healthcare entities.  I was more just throwing this issue out there to see if it was a known issue.

Thank you!

-E

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Elynn thanks for the additional information. 

Speaking with the team, when an attendee is promoted to organizer, it’s a brand new audio connection to the audio infrastructure. This would explain why audio is lost temporarily (I tested this with my co-worker and we noticed the audio dropped and was then restored relatively quickly.) 

If the audio never comes back like the pic below, the user may have the settings set to keep the mic off, like in the picture below. Could you check that the next time it happens? 

Screenshot 2024-03-20 153348.png

Elynn
Active Contributor

Hi, Kate,

I believe I see and understand what you are talking about, and it makes sense, but I do not think that the users have the ability to access these settings.  Whether a part of our company or not, all people joining the GTM calls join from outside GTM, via a meeting hyperlink, and not from within a personal GTM account.  Their only access to settings are the settings within the live GTM meeting space, and I do not see options within those settings equivalent to those you show above.  I think, too, another issue is that our company must use a downgraded version, as the only options available to the admins with account access is "Meetings".  We do not have "Phone, Messaging, Contacts, Trainings, etc."

I have let my team know that the issue of their audio disconnecting is due to GTM creating a new audio connection and that the rare circumstance that their audio does not come back is just the nature of the beast and that they will have to exit the meeting space and reenter to regain audio.  The information about the audio connection is a massive help, and I thank you again for all of your input and testing on our behalf.

-Essa

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi@Elynn,

Are you using the new GoTo app? That shouldn't be plan-restricted, Phone, Trainings, etc. listed in the pic above are other products offered by GoTo and not GoTo Meeting. 

One more thing that a colleague pointed out, you can avoid this by setting the employee as a co-organizer before the meeting, if the option is grayed out though it may not be available in your plan. 

If you want to be even more flexible just tick the "let attendees from my organization start the meeting" (aka open meeting) this is available with business plan and above.