Just an update
Quick Problem review...PowerPoint presentations include embedded video which is orchistrated, scripted and timed with the words in the PowerPoint chart. The video part of the presentation is dismal...choppy to the point its not worth presenting. Secondly, your only allowed to upload to the Webinar a max of five videos; I have presentations that require 12-20 videos.
My workaround...The uploaded Webinar videos do play much better BUT the significant downside is
1. I spent about 12 hours over the last two day to reformat 15 videos into 5. That required me to use video editing software to edit and compile the 15 videos into 5 videos. I have eight more presentations yet to go!
2. When playing the Webinar-loaded videos, there is only a play/stop function...no rewind to repeat the video.
3. Having compiled/condence multiple videos into one video, I'm now forced to combine several topics/point . When the video is over, and the audiance wants to talk about a particular video segemen/topic, we are asking "was theat the first example in the video or the second". Awarked and time consuming
4. Video won't close when selecting the "X", you have to exit the video window by going to the control panel. Awarked, time consuming, distracting and disruptive
5. Loosing audiance participation and audiance. Workaround adding time to presentation and as a result not getting all topics covered.
What's Needed...ASAP...Need to have the capability to upload PowerPoint charts with up to 15-20 embedded videos with high quality performance from the Powerpoint charts. I'm surprised a basic business function like this doesent exist in what is advertised as a business solution capability. Not looking forward to all the work I have to do to fit a square peg into a round hole
Update as of 06Feb2020
Lost an entire day's worth of time trying to make GoToMeeting work. My workaround using video editing software to get around the extremely poor video quality, the lack of a PowerPoint upload capability and the 5 video limit is not working. My video editing editing software is not recognizing a number of critical videos for me to edit. As a result, I've wasted about eight hours trying to figure out the problem and I'm burned out right now. I wouldn't be in this mess if GoToMeeting would have PPT capability. Right now, chisel and stone would seem much better. Can't wait for my presentations to end (late March) so I can start looking for a replacement product.
Hi @gmacnv ,
GoTo services have never required the need to 'upload' presentation materials because we use screen capturing techniques to share your desktop, or individual window frames from specific applications. That being said, I know we have several video enhancements coming soon for GoToMeeting specifically.
If you need high quality video integrated with your broadcasts now, I would suggest GoToWebinar, which has a feature similar to what you describe, allowing up to 5 videos to be uploaded in advance of the session: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120
Thanks for the feedback. I do use GoToWebinar and unfortunately, and unexpectedly, it doesn't offer the basic business solution I would have expected from a business-solution provider. I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances but I am expending an inordinate amount of time and effort to at least make something work. I'm loosing audiance participation and audiance. Being able to uploading videos is not a workable solution because that in itself creates other major problems. In addition to being limited to only five videos, uploaded videos creates a lot of chaos in the presentation to include:
1. No video forward or rewind capability
2. No video window closure
3. No seemless back and forth between the video and the PPT charts
4. Too long of a time delay switching between video and PPT charts
It's just too much trouble to make it work. I've been involved with the business community for over 35 years....and I can tell you this is not a business friendly capability. That's why I'm forced to look for another provider.
Thanks for the feedback. Would it be possible to give the Community some specific detailes as to what is scheduled to be delivered and specifically when?
Also...an update on my continuing saga
I'm now having problems with my video editing software where I can no longer compile 3-5 videos into one video for upload into GoToWebinar. Video editing software not recognizing several videos in my library so I can't import video into the video editing software. So my workaround, as time consuming as it has been, doesn't exist right now. I'm now forced to go to still shot. Hope your solution will deliver PPT embedded video capability.