cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark Q.
New Contributor

Someone Else's Name and Email When I Login

I've recently begin business talks with a friend of mine. Today he logged into GoToMeeting, and instead of his name, a strange name came up, one he didn't recognize. Naturally, he's probably worried that he got hacked, that someone logged into his GTM account and messed with his information, or worse.

Here's the kicker: When he went to "Edit your name and email address as you would like them to appear to the meeting attendees", the strange name and email address that appeared BELONG TO MY BOSS.

How is this possible?! I don't want one of my best friends thinking my boss hacked his account, if that didn't actually happen! This is one his personal computer, half a country away from where my boss and I are located.
9 REPLIES 9
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Someone Else's Name and Email When I Login

Hi Mark,
Sorry for the troubles.  Can you specify which user groups are currently being affected?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Mark Q.
New Contributor

The name and address that should be there are:
either Brian Kwong or Torrey Nagle

The name and email address that showed up in the app are:
Scott Baughman
sbaughman@czzzzzz.com

Thank you!

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Mark,

There is still a GoToMeeting account under Torrey Nagle.  It appears that your friend used a computer that your Boss previously used for a GoToMeeting, which is why his name and email address was displayed.  All your friend needs to do is edit the name in the GoToMeeting Control Panel:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/change-your-personal-info-g2m010007

Mark Q.
New Contributor

I'm sorry, but that's literally impossible. These two people have never met each other, and as far as anyone could prove, have never even been within a mile of each other. The same goes for their computers. They're 4 states away from each other.

Any other possibilities?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Could your friend have clicked on a GoToWebinar join link that was forwarded by you or your boss? 

Mark Q.
New Contributor

I mean, it's theoretically possible, but unlikely. My friend has never received any emails EVER from that email address, and our company doesn't use GTM. Plus, this was accessed within the desktop app, after having logged in.
Mark Q.
New Contributor

Absolutely, this all makes sense.
But how did this happen? I'm feel like I'm going to have to reach out directly to GoTo at this point.
ShirkAZ
New Contributor

Firstly, this is not a private discussion and names and emails are visible. Second, the link to the control panel is not working.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

I apologize @ShirkAZ , this thread was originally from a previous platform where the functionality was different.  I've now cleaned up the conversation for privacy and accuracy.  Please let us know if you have any additional concerns.