cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Switch back to the old GoToMeeting interface

until when will the old interface remain, i.e. when will that happen the new one is the one and only?
Need to inform our users accordingly, that  why asking

16 REPLIES 16
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: old G2M

Hi,

I expect the full rollout to complete this month, though users can still switch back to the prior interface if they encounter a problem.

New Contributor

The old UI is not accesible anymore for me. Everyone on our team hates the new ui with a fiery passion and are already looking for an alternate to g2m.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @mbsiapps ,

I apologize for the frustrations. 

If you are still unable to switch, then what operating system are you using currently?

Can you be specific about what you don't like with the new GoToMeeting interface?

New Contributor

To mbsiapps : I had to go to the settings for my account, on the website, to change back to the old meeting interface. Cannot be done from the application itself - apparently that's too convenient.

It was a great way to push out the new interface - surprise! Struggling through my first meeting of the day, with all these kindergarten icons in my way - that couldn't be moved or hidden. Less screen real estate in full screen mode and large buttons covering the task bar on a remote desktop session. What's not to love about that mess?

LogMeIn Contributor

@js_111  Depending upon your operating system, there is still a local way to revert versions through GoToMeeting Preferences:

NewG2Mpref.PNG

New Contributor

Windows 10:

2019-11-19_11-18-54.jpg

There are a few things that I've only been able to change on the website. I figured them out after 15 minutes of searching. As soon as I saw the comment and your reply above, I figured this was just another one of those settings.

New Contributor

The last few updates have been an effort in frustration. This new interface of course, the one that suddenly removed "tab" functionality, and the one where the meetings were suddenly opening through a browser by default, instead of the app.

None of them big issues on their own - but you start adding up the aggravation overall ...

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the use case scenario. I will share the viewpoints with our dev team.

New Contributor

The new interface is very fancy, but not effecient. Our team is all remote and we use gotomeeting for 2 purposes. Speaking to one another, and screen sharing, nothing else. 

Being able to pop the screen out into its own window is one of the best features. Being able to dock the minimized control panel was the next best. 

With the new UI not only does it take up more room, with unecessary padding. There is a gray gradient at the bottom of all the screen sharing. Why on earth would you put a gradient over someones screen that they are sharing?  It makes reading code and other documents difficult to and is hard on the eyes. 

Screen real estate is very important and the new UI doesn't offer any functionality to make things more compact. The old UI was no nonsense and worked really well for us.  

After calling support I was unable to swap back to the older version, however I was able to find a download of the older version burried on the g2m site.