cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT_TAEC
New Contributor

Transcoder failed to initialize error when attempting to convert a recording

Transcoder failed to initialize error when attempting to convert a recording to MP4, and attempting to convert o WMV nothing happens and convering terminates on its own quarter of the way done.Snag_ad83b83.png

Some resolutions I have seen were to uninstall GTM in general, did it, didn't work.

Others have suggested AsfTools, installed it, ran it, didn't work.

This is delaying my work.

ANY HELP PLEASE!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Transcoder failed to initialize error when attempting to convert a recording

@MT_TAEC Thanks for following up here.  We have the ticket prioritized and hope to have an updates soon.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
srath
New Contributor

Re: How to convert g2m file to standard video format?

I am unable to convert the recording! I select and click convert. It says "Transcoder failed to initialise". wmv is available but it is low quality. I need the mp4

joannewon
Active Contributor

Re: Transcoder failed to initialize error when attempting to convert a recording

Hi there! I'm also interested in a solution as i've run into this issue yesterday and today.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi,

I'm sorry about the transcoding errors there.

Can you please clarify the size of the original file, length of the original broadcast, and if the same problem occurs with a new test meeting?

MT_TAEC
New Contributor

I spoke with GTM support and they indicated this is a known issue and there is no ETA for a resolution. They directed me to change file extension or utilize cloud recording as a band-aide until this is resolved.

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

I am also getting the Transcoder failed to initialize error message - has anyone replied to you? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Hilary Lustig  Could you specify what operating system you're working with GoToMeeting on, and if you were screen sharing during the live broadcast?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@MT_TAEC Thanks for following up here.  We have the ticket prioritized and hope to have an updates soon.

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

Operating system? WIN10; screen sharing? My colleague was sharing his screen as I was the moderator