cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swegnson
New Contributor

Unable to install Go-to-Meeting app on Windows 10 laptop

I have a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10. I had no problem installing the desktop app on the Desktop machine, but it fails when I try to install on the Laptop. After a very long time (nearly an hour) I get the message "Care: Sorry! Opener has stopped. We cannot create a folder for the Opener on your computer. This is due to lack of disk space or permissions."  I have 127 GB free.  How can I check the permissions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unable to install Go-to-Meeting app on Windows 10 laptop

OK, another option is to use the GoToMeeting web app in Chrome: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/what-is-the-web-app-g2m090016 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Swegnson  On the problem laptop, try to save the GoTo files first.  Once the download is complete, either 'unblock' the GoTo opener from within the preferences there, or right-click to 'run as admin' instead. 

Swegnson
New Contributor

I had downloaded the GTM installer and ran it from the Downloads folder. I just tried again as you suggested using  'run as admin'. It  seems to be in the same "loop", running and running with no result, though it hasn't timed out yet. I'm not sure what you mean by  'unblock' the GoTo opener?

Swegnson
New Contributor

It finally stopped, with the same error message.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Do you have any security software installed?  

Can you try the MSI instead of the web flow?  Ref: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/install-via-msi-windows-g2m010013 

Swegnson
New Contributor

I turned off Windows Defender Real Time Protection. This time the error message came back within 2 minutes, rather than running for nearly an hour. That seems like progress. It seems like it must be a permissions issue?

I read the GTM help on "How do I configure GoToMeeting to work with firewalls?" and particularly where it talks about "Open your anti-virus program to allow it to accept all GoToMeeting files."  However the download itself is not a problem, it is with running the installer.  So then  I looked in  "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Firewall"  but I cannot see anything I can identify as GTM. 

It seems odd to me that this could be the first time this has happened to someone trying to download the GTM app. The MSI approach is more than I want to mess with for now.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, another option is to use the GoToMeeting web app in Chrome: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/what-is-the-web-app-g2m090016 

Swegnson
New Contributor

Thanks. I guess that will have to do.