cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

What happened to the audible chime when someone calls into a Meeting?

Without the audible chime (which support told me was dropped from the program) how are we to know if someone calls into the meeting? 

You now have the capability to secretly attend meetings by calling in on a phone.  There is no audio prompt or system notification that the user is there. 

This is a huge issue for us as we want to be notified when people join the meeting via phone and also seems like a monster security risk as anyone can secretly attend meetings. 

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: What happened to the audible chime when someone calls into a Meeting?

HI @onimod ,

We have removed the 'Entry Chime' from GoToMeeting because of the feedback we received from customers, and after we implemented additional security measure such as the 'Unidentified Callers' feature, where you can 'see' phone-only participants:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/manage-unidentified-callers-desktop-app-g2m090067

If you want added security, you may also consider using only VoIP integrated audio and remove the phone options completely.  This will ensure that you can 'see' every attendee in the conference and dismiss any that you are unfamiliar with.

New Contributor

A few things here. 

1) Callers are able to dial into meetings without a 'Unidentified Caller' prompt. I have confirmed this many times. 

2) I just transistioned over to the new interface and selected the 'entry chime' option on. You are the second person at Logmein to say it has been deleted. It apparently does exist in the new interface? 

LogMeIn Contributor

@onimod Do you still see these callers in your Attendee list on the new GoToMeeting interface, so that you can 'identify' them yourself?