Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Where can I send suggestions? Problem with webcam

@AshC as I replied to @GlennD I use a laptop with Windows 10, not a tablet

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Fernandouy 

The version of GoToMeeting that is available in the Microsoft Store is designed for Surface RT tablets, which is why it has limited functionality. Since you are using running a regular full Windows 10 installation you should delete the GoToMeeting software you installed from the Microsoft store and install our regular desktop software. 

You can install the regular desktop software from this support article, the process will install GoToMeeting and connect you to a test meeting. Do not worry about the meeting never starting, as long as you see the Waiting for Organizer message the process has been successful. The next time you join a GoToMeeting the desktop software should launch instead of the web based version.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thanks @GlennD  I uninstalled the one from Microsoft Store.

If I click on the link that says download under the Windows icon on that article you sent, it just opens the web based version.

Also, the article, which appears in Spanish since it's my main language, seems only to talk about the web based version explaining things for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

LogMeIn Manager

It's really being stubborn about this. In the control panel of the web app, there is an option to switch to the desktop software. In the next meeting you join, click on this button to switch and it should become the default for your future meetings:

switch to desktop.PNG

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

@GlennD I have never seen those options. I had a meeting today but saw none of that. It speaks about using drawing tools, that seems to be for the host/presenter not for an attendee which is my case.

New Contributor

Hi @GlennD @AshC  I haven't received an answer.

Just in case I wasn't clear since Spanish is my main language, I have a Windows 10 laptop.

Is the GotoMeeting desktop app for paying customers only? (I think it is because on the page it says '30 day trial'.

If not I'd appreciate assistance in how to download it. As I said the link that had been sent only opened the web app.

If it's yes, then I'd really appreciate if you could consider my suggestion that attendees like me can test the webcam before joining the meeting.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fernandouy  The viewpoint referenced is the same for both Presenters and Attendees, for where you may upgrade in-session to the desktop software.  The desktop app is free for everyone to use, so if you're still experiencing problems you might try one other install method:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/installation-guide-for-msi-windows-g2m080003

We offer full Spanish support, so if you're stuck I would suggest calling directly into support next:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus

New Contributor

Thanks @AshC with the link you provided it seems I downloaded the desktop app. I couldn't find differences with the web app. Maybe there's something wrong with my computer.

2019-02-19 (2).png

This was there too. Seems weird.

Anyway, just changing the topic a bit. The webcam included with my computer sometimes works with GotoMeeting, some other times it doesn't. When that happens I try it in Skype and it works perfectly. I had a meeting on Saturday and didn't work. Today tried again and nothing. But a new external webcam seems to work perfectly. Any ideas of what could be happening?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fernandouy  There may be firmware updates for the webcam itself? 

If you continue to experience problems though, I would call into Customer Care so they can help you get set up correctly:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus