cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

when I send a meeting to others, do the recipients need to have Administrator rights to install GTM

When I send GTM meeting invitations, users are prompted to install a plug in.

Do they need t have Administrator rights to their PC?  We are an industry association and our members are often staff of large companies wheer Admin rights are not given to the user, hence they can't "download the app"

GTM message.png

5 REPLIES 5
New Contributor

Re: when I send a meeting to others, do the recipients need to have Administrator rights to install

According to this page, there is an option NOT to have to install anything - how do I send such a meeting invitation?

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-to-join-a-meeting-g2m030001

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: when I send a meeting to others, do the recipients need to have Administrator rights to install

Hi Rod, checkout this article for more info about the GoToMeeting web app:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/what-is-the-web-app-g2m090016

** Results will be best through a Chrome web browser

New Contributor

Thanks

The information doesn't specifically say the particupants have to have Administrator rights, but it does say they need to be able to download and install software so I guess than means Administrator rights.

I have also found the Organiser settings to enable the web browser app for particupants using Google Chrome Smiley Happy

Thanks again

LogMeIn Contributor

They only need minimal Admin rights if they are going to share their screen.  They do not need this to simply join the broadcast and connect to audio.

New Contributor

Thanks again

They tell me they cannot install the plugin ... these are people in large multinational suppliers or in large national utilities so they are basically not allowed to fiddle with their PC configurations.

I have forwarded instructions about the web app version but of course that only seems to be relevant for GOOGLE Chrome