cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougS1
Active Contributor

Can't See Icons on Host Computer (OSX)

I recently upgraded my host computer to OSX 11.4 Big Sur and ever since, I've been having a weird issue.

My remote computer (also Apple, running OSX 10.12.4 Sierra) can connect, and a window opens to the host computer, but all I see is my host computer's wallpaper and the menu bar at the top. No icons, no files, no windows. I can't click on anything.  So I went in to the office and the host computer is fine - the desktop is looking normal. All my icons and windows display on screen and I can click everything.

I'm running the latest version of GoToMyPC, I've re-booted both computers and I've checked all permissions for GoToMyPC and LogMeIn. What would be causing this partial connection to my host computer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DougS1
Active Contributor

Re: Can't See Icons on Host Computer (OSX)

Thanks, Toasty! 

I showed my office IT Manager your message and he did the following that seems to have worked:

- System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Unchecked GotoMyPC and then recheckedGotoMyPC

- He removed g2p_launchagenthost from accessibility and did not add it back. 

- The final step was to connect to GotoMyPC from a different device (my iPad) and this time it prompted to add g2p_launchagenthost back on my host Mac, which he did and it worked.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DougS1  Have you done a complete removal / re-install of GoToMyPC on the host computer? 

Can you say which resolution the host display is currently set to?  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DougS1
Active Contributor

The host display is at 5120 X 2880 and the remote display is 1920 X 1080.

I went into System Preferences > Security and Privacy > Screen Recording and checked g2p_launchagenthost and now I can see my icons and windows, but my mouse and keyboard still aren't responding.

DougS1
Active Contributor

Also, yes, I did an uninstall and re-install on the host computer yesterday and got no change.
DougS1
Active Contributor

Things we've tried so far:

- Checking all permissions for Full Disc Access, Automation and Screen Recording in the Security & Privacy settings

- Adding GoToMyPC Registration, GoToAssist Customer and i1Profiler to the Input Monitoring and Bluetooth  categories

- Un-checking and re-checking all the permissions again

- Removed and re-installed GoToMyPC on the host computer

- Knocked the screen resolution back to 2560 X 1440

- Made sure the keyboard is set to US standard and that the keyboard and mouse are fully charged

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DougS1  It sounds like you've done the standard troubleshooting steps, and we'd like to document your issue further.  Please call into Support at your convenience when you have access to the problem host PC:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-1107395211 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Toasty66
Active Contributor

Run the un installer from the 

CD /Library/Application\ Support/GoToMyPC/GoToMyPC.app/Contents/Helpers directory 

sudo ./uninstall

Once that's done, go into both screen recording and accessibility and remove (delete) the g2p_ and other goto authorizations. You may need to reboot after the uninstall to remove them.  Run the installer again.  Once complete, reboot again.  You'll get promoted to grant access again to g2p_ to screen recording and accessibility. 

The above process is what solved my issues with GoToMyPC on my mac after an update to Big Sur. 

DougS1
Active Contributor

Thanks, Toasty! 

I showed my office IT Manager your message and he did the following that seems to have worked:

- System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Unchecked GotoMyPC and then recheckedGotoMyPC

- He removed g2p_launchagenthost from accessibility and did not add it back. 

- The final step was to connect to GotoMyPC from a different device (my iPad) and this time it prompted to add g2p_launchagenthost back on my host Mac, which he did and it worked.

Steve83

It's not worth all the trouble of trying to get LogMeIn to behave properly on your Mac network. I've called Tech Support three times. They fix it  -- temporarily. Then I'm told to contact Apple. What does Apple care about your LogMeIn problems?

I finally gave up and I'm currently running a trial version of Splashtop. So far, so good. If I decide to keep it, it's much cheaper, too. There are other services out there eager for your business. No need to suffer any longer with LogMeIn.

Toasty66
Active Contributor

I did exactly what you did.  I uninstalled GoToMyPC and installed Spashtop.  It works with none of the weirdness that I've been experiencing with GoToMyPC.   I'm an enterprise customer with a lot of seats and I'm going to look at moving everyone over.   Since LogMeIn purchased them, they are slow to fix issues.