cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdminLife
Active Contributor

Re: Color Quality changing to 256 Colors and Performance slider moving down automatically?

@k1r12I agree. The issues seem to coincide with the latest update. I started getting calls and messages about the display problems yesterday morning. GTMPC's product has been really hit or miss lately. Every time there's an issue, I have my c-suite asking me to look into other vendors. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since we've been a customer for a while now, and migrating 100+ users won't be fun, but if it means more stability then I'll eventually bite the bullet. IMO, their QA team needs to level up on due diligence.

YBar
Active Contributor

Re: Color Quality changing to 256 Colors and Performance slider moving down automatically?

Call support and have been working with them.  The version that ends with 3438 is causing the issue.  They had me rollback to version 3161 and that seems to have resolved the issue.    They were able to push the older version to the users station.  However, users will have to manually run the update.     I'll be pausing automatic updates on goto until I know this is issue is resolved.   

AdminLife
Active Contributor

@YBarThanks for the info. Funny thing is I was part of a discussion (link below) two weeks ago for an issue where users couldn't connect and the band-aid for that was also to rollback to build 3161. If anyone wants a DL link to 3161 it can be found here:

https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomypc/help/gotomypc-system-tray-icon-disappears-on-windows-server-...

Can GTMPC please not release bugged versions? It's driving us admins up a wall.

EDIT: I should mention that if you're installing build 3161, after it's installed immediately open the preferences and tick the radio button on the Host tab for Ask me to install updates. Otherwise it'll install a new build and you'll be back where you started.

Previous discussion:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMyPC-Discussions/Users-having-issues-connecting/td-p/282276/emc...

YBar
Active Contributor

Thanks for adding the link. I was looking for it to share
AdminLife
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC  . Is there any news regarding this? I've been re-installing build 3161 on my affected computers but would like to know if a fix is in the works and if there's an ETA. Also, have you been getting reports of users not being able to re-connect after a session time-out? I've had several users that were on build 3438 contact me saying they couldn't connect after a time-out. I would go to their computer and quit GTMPC via the notification tray icon, and then the PC would lock (i.e. return to the Windows sign on screen). After that I log back in and start GTMPC from the Start Menu and they can connect again.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@AdminLife  This issue was originally caused by the GoToMyPC Optimizer, which should detect slow connections and reduce the quality in order to speed things up.  This has now been disabled for all accounts, so you should no longer be seeing the degradation.  

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AdminLife
Active Contributor

@AshCI still have at least two users that need to go into the Tools menu and click Undo Experience Optimizer changes because the screen resolution shrinks after they log in.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@AdminLife 

We checked your account, and it seems like the Optimizer is disable across the account.  Can you try running this tool on the affected Host PC, then restart the service or reboot the computer? 

AdminLife
Active Contributor

@AshC  This did not work. We still have to go in to the Tools menu and click Undo Optimizer Experience changes.

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@AdminLife   Please DM me the affected user, their direct contact info, and when we can reach them by phone when at the host PC.  If you know their access codes and are able to reach the Host we can also work with you at a convenient time.