cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Converted video shows no length

I converted recorded training video to MP4 using Gototraining converter.

I find that though the file shows size of 3,25,292 bytes; I do not see length information of video in Windows Explorer and file does not play in VLC Player. Need urgent suggestion to salvage the recording.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Converted video shows no length

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the local recording conversion issue there.

Could you say what operating system is in use?

Do you still have the original recording files, saved to your computer pre-conversion?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am using windows 8 and have been regularly converting recorded videos to MP4.

When conversion finishes, g2m file is no longer available and instead mp4 file is available.

In this case too mp4 is available and carried size of around 325,000 KBs. But length of video shows blank in windows explorer.

Therefore, I cannot play file.

Any suggestion?
Regards,

Niranjan

+919820173660

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Well the first priority is to make sure that your GoTo converter is working correctly.  Please host a new meeting, convert the recording thereafter, and playback to confirm this function is working.

Secondly, you should have an 'original' folder somewhere in your documents folder, created by GoToMeeting to house the pre-converted files.  If this original file is still there, then you may attempt to re-convert it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

VLC Media Player is not just a great tool for playing videos; it can do a whole lot of other things like convert videos between different formats. You can convert between a wide range of supported video files using the player Prepaid Gift Balance