cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VRLDO
Active Contributor

Delayed email notifications

This happened a while back but now email notifications (meeting links!) are delayed so that the attendee cannot enter the room. Our webinars have been filling up and once the room is open you can't increase the cap to let someone register. Our IT department is looking into this and we use Barracuda, and they report that's not the issue. Just curious to see if anyone else out there is experiencing delays.

6 REPLIES 6
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Delayed email notifications

Hi @VRLDO  Was this GoToTraining Confirmation or Reminder emails that were delayed? 

Do you have any email examples from registrants, and are they using different email providers? 

VRLDO
Active Contributor

BOTH. I was receiving notifications (this is an example of what was sent to xx registrants...) and they were coming in 12-15 hours later than the time stamp on the message. Ex. Time stamp would be 1:00 pm EDT and it came in at 12:03 am EDT. I can't supply examples of attendee emails because they never received them.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@VRLDO  In some rare cases an Attendee's email may be blocked from our side due to too many failed attempts.  This is often caused by a spam setting or email provider filter of LMI communications (from customercare@gototraining.com) 

VRLDO
Active Contributor

This is still an ongoing issue. I am pasting below what our IT folks found:

There were 117 emails from GoToTraining that were received by our agency (via our Barracuda device) between 7:32PM on June 3 and 1:47AM on June 4.  The Barracuda checked these emails and sent them to O365 for processing and final delivery.  The average time the Barracuda spent processing any of these emails was between .5 and .9 seconds.  Once the emails got to O365, the emails were processed and delivered to each user’s mailbox which took approximately 2-3 seconds per email recipient. Based on the evidence we believe that, even though the request to send the original email in GoToTraining was made early in the day, GoTo’s system didn’t actually release the emails until much later in the day.  Why that is, we wouldn’t know unless GoTo Support investigates the email batching and delivery process in their systems.

Do I need to call GoTo Support for this?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

I can say that we send emails in batches (reminder & followup emails), at certain periods, in order to handle the massive load demands. If you want to escalate a case for Engineering to review then Customer Support by phone is the way to go. 

VRLDO
Active Contributor

Delayed notifications didn't happen again until recently and I noticed that it was only for the single webinar that had reached the registration cap. Most of our webinars earlier (right after everyone went home to work) were full and that's when the notifications were delayed. Has anyone else reported this?