cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: The new gototraining - poor performance, disrupted audio, speed issues... with just 1 delegate!

Hi @EMurphyInfTrg

I encourage you and your attendees to use the built-in Report an issue option during the session as that will collect the details needed while the issue is happening.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Jane_Moore
Active Contributor

Re: The new gototraining - poor performance, disrupted audio, speed issues... with just 1 delegate!

Hi Glenn @sheilaac5 @Jane_Moore @AshC  @WHD @LydiaML  @EMurphyInfTrg 

Whilst I understand your advice, I think you're missing the point here ... these things should not be going wrong, they didn't go wrong with the classic version, customers shouldn't be beta testing for GTT [which can affect our business] and there should be a mechanism to revert completely to the classic version with no loss of previously available functions. It's not a good look I'm afraid.

Jane 😠

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jane_Moore,

I appreciate your frustration, but it is not possible to fully revert to the classic GoToTraining experience due to changes made to Google Chrome. The classic breakout rooms, activities, and allowing attendees to join from their browser no longer work in the classic experience with the newer versions of Chrome.

If you do not use any of those features you can still switch back to the classic GoToTraining for the time being.

By moving to the single GoTo App we no longer have to develop and support 3 versions of software (meeting, training and webinar). We can develop a feature once and make it available to all of our customers at the same time. One example of this is custom backgrounds for webcams which we are currently testing in GoTo Meeting. Once it is ready for GA it will be available for meeting and training customers at the same time. This also frees up development resources for adding new features that have been requested.

Jane_Moore
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

@sheilaac5 @Jane_Moore @AshC  @WHD @LydiaML  @EMurphyInfTrg 

I do understand the need to update and change things for all sorts of reasons including other platforms, like Chrome, on which software runs - however, customers should not have to iron out all the bugs for you. If it's not ready for release because it's too 'buggy', don't release it and certainly don't force implementation before it's ready. That just shows a lack of respect to customers. Also, to be honest, I would rather forgo 'custom backgrounds for webcams' [who even asks for that!] for software that works efficiently and consistently.

The beauty of the classic GTT was in it's simplicity, stability and consistently. I put functionality and stability over aesthetics every time and not every user wants to see everyone's webcams [which stinks the life out of lower bandwidth connections] - GTT doesn't have to try and mimic Zoom and Teams.

I have switched back to the classic version and what worries me about your response is the 'for the time being' comment; that implies at some time in the future the classic version will no longer be available at all. I have been using GTT for over 5 years and it's become really unsatisfactory. I would like to request a new feature please ... can someone make GTT work at least as efficiently as it used to? Now that would be progress!

Thanks

Jane 🤔

RWSSoftware
New Contributor

I am just shocked at LogMeIn's lack of response to this speed issue.  I have been following this post in hopes of a solution but so far there isn't one.  Do they want us all  to just leave their platform.  I have been struggling with this new update since it came out in May of 2022.  I can no longer record my live sessions because the speed is horrible.  It is a little better performance with the record turned off.  My classes aren't particularly interactive .  We don't use breakout rooms or features like that.  The classes we hold though are a big part of our revenue stream and since they have not resolved these issues yet with speed of given any useful advice here, I think our only resolutions is to find another platform.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @RWSSoftware, welcome to the community.

I apologize for the frustration. While it may not be obvious, we are frequently updating the GoTo App to add to improve performance and add new features for both GoTo Training and GoTo Meeting customers. If you have not already, please use the built-in reporting tool in GoTo Training to share details of the issues you are experiencing along with important system details directly with our developers. These reports provide important details at the time of the issue that make it easier for us to identify the cause.