cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Users seeing error "the organizer is experiencing technical difficulties"

Users are receiving a notification that "the organizer is experiencing technical difficulties. Unless the organizer rejoins, the training will end in 5 minutes" however, there are no obvious technical difficulties present... the organizer can be seen and heard perfectly clear while the message is present. Additionally, other users are showing as "offline" even though they are not.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Users seeing error "the organizer is experiencing technical difficulties"

Hi Keri,
I'm sorry for the confusion there. 
Do you know if there are multiple organizers, and if they are connected via telephone or microphone?
This message should only appear if the GoToTraining Organizer is experiencing some sort of network trouble / accessing the internet.  If they're connected by telephone, then their audio will still be heard.  Sometimes when this happens their presentation will pause as well.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Keri,

Normally that message is displayed when we detect some connectivity issues between the organizer and our servers. I'm not seeing any reports of service issues this morning but it's possible there was some network stability issues, at least enough to trigger this message. I will check with the rest of our support team to see if there were any similar reports from other customers.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Glen. This message actually displayed during a training yesterday afternoon.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Glen, we've experienced the same issue, most recently on 4/4 around 11am & 4/10 pretty close to 1pm. Both times are central.
There weren't issues on our end with internet connectivity, so do you think there were issues those days that may have triggered the message?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Tara, while you might not have noticed any issues with other web applications, there was most likely some 'packet loss' happening that we were seeing. Video and audio streaming uses more bandwidth than most web applications, so connection issues are more noticeable.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

We often host meetings where the organizer gives another user the presenter role, typically they are in another city & operating from their own network, not our internal one. In both of the dates above, the only person impacted was the organizer. She wasn't certain what to do when she saw the message, so she just let the time run out and her webinar session was closed. However, she could still hear the presenter through the phone connection so she knew that the webinar was still progressing, she could just no longer see it. Once she signed back in, it was as if the disconnect had never happened. She did have to restart the recording so we lost a few moments.
If we should experience this again, what is your suggestion as to what the organizer should do when the message appears? Is there a way to not have the connection lost so we don't lose any of the recording?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Tara,
The way GoToTraining works is that if the Organizer leaves the session and ends the training, then all participants should also be disconnected from this audio and video feeds-- even if dialed in by telephone.  If audio is still heard through the mic and speakers even after you believe the training to have ended, then it's most likely that the GoToTraining software was instead minimized somewhere you could not see it.

The next time this happens, I would search for hiding icons in the task bar or doc, and or open up the Task Manager / (or Application Manager depending on what OS you're working from) in order to locate the GoToTraining software running in the background.

If you have a sudden disconnect that you'd like us to look into with your assistance, feel free to call us directly the next time you have a failure of this kind.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Like others, I get this  message on occasion: "the organizer is experiencing technical difficulties".   Also, like others, I am  not experiencing anything out of the ordinary at the time.   I thin k it is safe to say, it has something to do with the strength of the Internet connection and/or the transmission of data.  In most cases, you can just ignore it.  I have never had it shut down a session.   And really,  for infrequent issues, you don't have much choice.    I have experienced it with a high-speed Ethernet connection, as well as wi-fi.   For infrequent problems, the high speed vendor or IT is not likely to change your equipment.  If you have a choice, use the Ethernet connection over wi-fi.  For frequent problems, you may be able to make a case to make a change with your equipment.

The message sometimes does preclude GoToTraining issues.   The issues include problems with screen sharing, running a poll, or using an activity to display a video.  Of course, these issues occur even when you are not getting the error message.   Use the message as a warning.    You can assign a co-organizer, so that if your session does end, it will remain up for everyone else.   Only you have to log back in, not the participants.  Once the session starts, the co-organizer does not have to be a licensed user.   

Watch the Audience view to see if there is a discrepancy between what you are seeing and what your audience is seeing.    In that case, I suggest stopping/starting screen sharing to reinitiate the transmission.   There are times, however, when the Audience view is incorrect.   If given notice by the participants that your slides are not moving, stopping /starting screen can reinitieate the transmission.  

Highlighted
Active Contributor

We have this same issue and it's frequent but not consistent. Thankfully, it never actually ends the session and we always have a co-organizer assigned.  So far it always happens when we are moving into activity breakouts. I am guessing it has something to do with a connection loss/hiccup when the breakouts are launched. I'd love to figure it out because I don't love that the learners see that during the session and get worired about the technology.