When you add a new session to a webinar series it should match the duration of the previous session

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

When you add a new session to a webinar series it should match the duration of the previous session

0 Kudos

My webinars are not 1 hour long.  They vary between 30-45 minutes.  It's painful to schedule the series because the interface cannot hold onto any increments other than 1 hour.  If I have an event that's 1-1:30 one day, I add the next session but want it at 2PM, the end time jumps to 3:30.   It's been like this for years & I would have thought GoTo would have figured this out & fixed it by now.

6 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @MollsFar welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Thanks for your feedback, so I understand, are you having issues with the scroll that allows you to change the time? 

Screenshot 2024-09-06 091338.png

MollsFar
New Contributor

I'm well aware of how to use the scroll to change the time of the webinar.  I'm not happy that I have to do it on every single webinar unless I am scheduling for the same time every day, which I don't typically do.  My problem is that if I schedule a webinar for any length of time other than an hour, the end time has to be adjusted on every single instance as I add them.  Here are screenshots.  I have a webinar scheduled for Tuesday, 9/24, 2PM ET to 2:30PM ET.  I add another session & it automatically sets the date & time, Wednesday, 9/25PM ET 2PM ET to 2:30PM ET.  But I want it at 3PM ET.  When I change the time to 3PM ET, the end time doesn't change to 3:30PM ET, it changes to 4:30PM ET.  So now my meeting is 1:30 long instead of :30.   It doesn't hold the correct length of the session.  It always adds an additional hour.  It doesn't matter if it's a 30 minute or a 45 minute meeting.  It only works correctly if the meeting is 1 hour long.  This needs to be fixed.  I brought up this issue when this was first introduced several years ago & was told it would be fixed.  Clearly it has not been & I have wasted way too much of my time editing the end time of individual sessions.

MollsFar_0-1725641811038.pngMollsFar_1-1725641820972.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@MollsFar thanks for your screenshots and further context. It's helpful. 

There currently are not any known issues around scheduling, but we can present this feedback as an idea for improvements to the product team. 

To verify the behavior you would like to see: 

Does that sound right?

MollsFar
New Contributor

Yes, it should hold the duration of the previous session.  So if 30 minutes, then 30 minutes.  45 minutes, then 45 minutes.  This would save time & eliminate potential errors (missed changing from 1:30 back to :30 or when it flips it from AM to PM.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@MollsFar thanks for confirming, I've moved your post to our idea section where others can vote and comment and will share this feedback with the team. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator