cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corina1

Attendees not showing up on the Attendance report

I have been hosting webinars on GoToWebinar for 2 years now, where attendees join from various devices.
We hosted a webinar on Friday, and for the first time in the 2 years I have been hosting webinars on GoToWebinar, we have an attendee that says he did attend the webinar, but it shows that he was not in attendance.

I contacted Support, and they informed me that if people dialled in (connect on their phone, by clicking on the JOIN WEBINAR button in the mail on their phone), they would not show up on the Attendance report.

How is this possible, as they still need to type in their details before connecting, and this has never happened before, even though we have hosted webinars for thousands of people?
Our professional attendees receive certificates, based on the time spent in the webinar, and now there is no proof that he attended.

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Attendees not showing up on the Attendance report

Hi @Corina1 welcome to the GoTo Community. If your attendees only dial into the conference call there's no way to identify them and include them in the attendee report.

What you can do is remove the dial-in audio option because the only audio will be the built-in 'computer audio (VoiP).' You can do this in your general GoTo Webinar Settings under Audio, or under the specific Webinar under Settings and Audio. 

Alternatively, you could also make it clear on the registration page or the confirmation and reminder emails that attendees must join from a desktop or using the mobile app otherwise their attendance won't be recorded and they won't get a certificate. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training