cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Blinking black box in GTW recording (and during live webinar)

Has anyone else noticed the appearance of a blinking black box to the left or right of their panelists's presentation? Do you know how to get rid of it?
7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Blinking black box in GTW recording (and during live webinar)

Hi Katherine,

Is this happening with a specific panelist or any panelist that is presenting? How often have you experienced this?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi there.  I've had this happen during a couple of live webinars recently which I have attended as a panellist.  The first time it stopped once we started the broadcast but today it has continued throughout the whole webinar for all panellists and attendees.  We've run many webinars using the same set-up / presenter and not had this problem so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Maria,
Sorry about the problem there.

My first suggestion would be to have the Presenter visit their computer manufacturer's website to check for any driver updates before rebooting and hosting a test GoToMeeting session to check the recording and broadcast quality.

New Contributor

Thanks for responding Ash. We'll give it a go.
New Contributor

Hi, I see this is an old post, but has anyone successfully stopped the blinking/flashing black boxes from showing?
I've noticed this problem in the past year, and getting worse in the past few months, where the boxes flash several times a minute, which is distracting for attendees and also ruins the quality of our recordings.

I've tried multiple different computers (Mac and PC, desktop and laptop), internet connections and locations. All that changes is the frequency of the flashing. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 1.18.27 pm.pngThe boxes are usually in the top left corner, and anywhere on the RHS from top to bottom (see screenshot of the top section of a recording).

I'd really appreciate more help with this than has already been provided in answers, or will need to look for a different webinar product.

Respected Contributor

Have you checked to see if the computer's video drivers are up to date?

New Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue with our Panelists/Presenters that are using Macs. Did you ever figure out a resolution to this issue? Just started in the past month or so.

Thanks!