cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoriS2

Editing Follow Up Emails Caused Retro Emails to Out for the Last Three Years

We present a series of webinars throughout the year and each webinar set up can have several dates that it's being offered.  We don't continue to create new webinars, we just add more dates to an existing webinar that is set up.  We have not been sending the follow up emails to registrants that did not attend, only to those that attended.  It's been that way for years.  Last week we decided to add in the follow up email for those that do not attend the webinars.  The goal was that it would go out for any webinars presented moving forward.  But once we added that follow up email, the emails were then retro and went out to registrants that didn't attend webinars in the past.  There were over 62 different emails that went out - some as far back as 2020! We had to stop editing the webinars to stop the emails from going out.  I get that we're using the same webinar (not copying, just adding more dates) but any changes made should not be retro whatsoever.  I found this to be a big flaw in the product.  We can't be the only organization that has run into this!  Is this something that can be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Editing Follow Up Emails Caused Retro Emails to Out for the Last Three Years

Hi @LoriS2 welcome to the GoTo Community, thanks for sharing your experience.

This does appear to be expected behavior when scheduling a Webinar series. Anything that is changed in the current series, will affect all in the series. 

If you would like to use follow-up emails going forward, you should create a new webinar series. Alternatively, you could run an attendee report after each webinar and compare it to the registration ID for those who did not attend and send them an email directly. 

I understand that this may not be the outcome you hoped. I do see you posted in the Idea forum, we will share this with the team and leave the idea open for comments and kudos. Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training