Okay, I've tested both ways and it has worked without issue. I think it would be best to work directly with one of our Reps, they can connect to your computer and troubleshoot with you. Do you have any Internet security software installed that could possibly be blocking the upload?
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution. Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Hi Glenn! Looks like great functionality, thank you! I was testing this feature today using the web version on Chrome. I was able to upload an Excel file from my desktop, but the browser froze when I tried dragging in another file. It actually added the file to the "downloads" bar instead which is odd (see screenshot - DRAFT Area of Interest Word document). After I re-started the browser and got back into editing the event, I could not drag more files of any type to the handouts upload section. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
I love the idea of the handouts feature. I did a webinar with about 400 attendees and we had mixed reviews - some of the attendees were able to download the handout and others were not. I even uploaded it twice. It also did not attach to my post-webinar emails - is that automatic? There was no place to say attach. Definitely will try and problem solve it before my next webinar. Love the feature idea! See lots of possibilities.
I had success with the new tool, but also a problem. I always have someone log in as a panelist and promote that person to an organizer to help me with the backchannel, but the handouts feature will not allow that person to upload handouts during the session. It would be very helpful to allow all organizers to upload handouts. There are some we post before we start, but there are others that have to be added at the very end of the session, and we need the second person to do it.
Fran Simon Engagement Strategies http://EngageStrat.com
Agreed. We have made it a rule in our company that we always have a licensed "Co-" for every webinar (ye olde "beer truck scenario": can have all intentions to be at work that day, and then get hit with the flu or internet issues...), so our "Co-"s all need to have the power of the original Organizer. Including adding Handouts or another licensed "Co-"!
Now that I've been using Handouts for a couple months, I thought I'd post the answers to my own questions above (for those who are curious.)
1) For a webinar series, uploading a document once on the "Manage Webinar" page will make it available for all sessions of that series. (I do not know if dragging and dropping during a session works the same way, because I haven't been able to successfully drag and drop during a session yet.)
2) No, handouts are not available for attendees to download after a session ends. Attendees can only download handouts while the webinar is in session.
3) No, people registered for a webinar will not be notified when a new attachment is uploaded to Handouts, because they can't download attachments before the webinar anyway.
4) No, there currently seems to be no way to give access to Handouts for people watching an archived recording.
1) Drag and drop doesn't work for me. I just get a little circle with a line through it icon. I'm using build 3277 and Windows 10. I tried to drag a PDF file, haven't tried others yet. Browse option worked fine.
2) I wish you could add ZIP files to the uploadable types. This would allow us to upload many other types by zipping them up first.
The feature was very well received by my audience, thank you.