cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranam
New Contributor

Hi, I need to refund sales tax as we are education institution? How I can do that?

Hi, I need to refund sales tax as we are education institution? How I can do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Hi, I need to refund sales tax as we are education institution? How I can do that?

Each state has different rules and forms to fill out.  For future purchases, find the right form and send that to the folks at GoTo. 

GoTo might not be able to refund past taxes paid. You might have to fill out a different form and file that with your state to get the taxes refunded.

Each state is different. Check with your state to find out the rules.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Hi, I need to refund sales tax as we are education institution? How I can do that?

Refund sales tax that was accidentally paid by a webinar Attendee?

ranam
New Contributor

Hi,

We used to have GoToWebinar Pro subscription for three months and each month there were  tax applied,

PA STATE TAX – 6%

PA COUNTY TAX – 1%

I want to check if I can refund the tax since we are exempt university?

Thanks

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Each state has different rules and forms to fill out.  For future purchases, find the right form and send that to the folks at GoTo. 

GoTo might not be able to refund past taxes paid. You might have to fill out a different form and file that with your state to get the taxes refunded.

Each state is different. Check with your state to find out the rules.

ranam
New Contributor

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ranam  Make sure you call into Customer Support directly to request exemption.  The process takes a few days for the team to review and complete, and you won't be charged moving forward.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!