cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchen94
Active Contributor

Hiding Webinars based on Users

We are working on an integration with GoToWebinar and our team needs to have read/write access to the Webinar Events in order to achieve our functionality.  The customer does not want us to be able to see any webinars, except for a specific one.  They insist that they aren't able to hide the webinars for us through GoToWebinar.

I'm not too familiar with GoToWebinar, but looking around in the settings I didn't find anything for having multiple users with different visibilities.  Can anyone confirm whether or not GTW offers the ability to hide specific webinars based on specific users?

Thanks,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Hiding Webinars based on Users

Sorry, certain credentials are required in order to use APIs reliably.  The organization you're working for would need to grant specific permissions, and cannot 'hide' only some webinars from view. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When you say 'User" do you mean the people who can go in tio the system and schedule webinars?

jchen94
Active Contributor

For example I have credentials for their account to be able to set up the integration, but I'm not sure if GoToWebinar has User Roles that would allow me to read/write into Webinars, but also restrict it so I can only see one specific webinar.
User here would be planner would is able to set up, edit, and schedule webinars.
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

For all of that we have the Organizer.  The Organizer will setup all webinars on that acount. 

You can add additional Organizers to your account, but that costs extra.

A one-Organizer account can have one webinar at a time.

A two-Organizer account can have two webinars going on at the same time.

In a multi-Organizer account, the webinars are kept in separate lists.

The webinar audience never sees the list of webinars in your account. The Organizer creates them, then it is up to you to promote the webinars through an email campaign or posting on your website.  Is this what you were asking about seeing more then one webinar?

What do you mean by "allow me to read/write into Webinars"?  Do you mean as a Organizer to be able to change the description of the webinar or setup the followup emails, etc. before the start of the webinar,   or do mean read/write during the webinar.

During the webinar there is the Organizer who starts the webinar and controls it.  You can have additional Co-Organizers to help out.  Then there are the Panelists who are the people who will be presenting during the webinar. They have less privileges than the Organizers.  Then there are the Attendees, who are there to watch the webinar, and might be asked to speak.  The Attendees have the least privileges during the webinar.

jchen94
Active Contributor

I guess my main question is if I can be added on as some sort of User Role that is able to create and edit webinar events (like make the actual event, not start it), but they want that User Role not to be able to see any older existing webinar events. This would all be before the webinar start.

Is this something we can do?
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The only person who can create webinars is the Organizer, and they can see all other past and future webinars on the same account.

jchen94
Active Contributor

Right, but the issue is my integration needs to be an organizer because I need to be able to create and edit webinar events, but the customer doesn't want us to be able to see their any of their old webinars/webinars that will not be created/modified by the integration.  

It looks like there's no workaround for that in GTW?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I believe you are correct.  Maybe someone form GoTo has a solution.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Sorry, certain credentials are required in order to use APIs reliably.  The organization you're working for would need to grant specific permissions, and cannot 'hide' only some webinars from view. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!