cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

New platform - Sharing a pre-recorded video file

I used the new version of the GoToWebinar platform for the first time today. Part of my broadcast was sharing a pre-recorded talk. I did so from the main Sharing icon at the bottom of the Organizer dashboard. Everything was working great until 20 minutes into the recording, when I chose to click on the Materials icon at the top of the Organizer dashboard to confirm that the pdfs I uploaded for attendees were there and displaying properly. The pre-recorded video was also listed among the Materials list and for reasons unknown the platform seemed to switch over to the pre-recorded video among the Materials list and started playing the video again from the beginning. Luckily in this new version of the platform you can now fast-forward a video (thank you for that!), so I quickly moved the video to the spot where we left off. After the webinar I set up some test webinars to confirm if I may have done something wrong, but the same thing continued to happen. Is this a known issue? Is this user error? Is there some function I'm not aware of that I can turn on/turn off so that I can click on the Materials icon with peace of mind and not worry about disrupting a video that is currently playing?

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: New platform - Sharing a pre-recorded video file

HI @donalmurphy 

I haven't heard of this previously, but believe I confirmed your experience, I'm following up with the team to see if this is a known issue and the status and will let you know. Thanks for your report and patience! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Re: New platform - Sharing a pre-recorded video file

Thank you for looking into this. I look forward to hearing more, and ultimately, seeing a fix implemented.