cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hinnerk
New Contributor

Old Topic but not 100% clear for me: Calculation of bandwidth for a gotowebinar session

We are new to the webinar business and I understand the calculation of at least 1Mbps for a Webinar.

Our issue is that we would like to have a connection to a customer far out of europe and we expect 6 to 10 trainees plus a trainer.  The trainees shall have all their own device, but they might be in the same building. Therefore they will use the same internet access point. They also might be not the only ones that will create network traffic.

With our experience we made during the tests we recognized that a bandwidth for a single user with 10Mbps is much better and smoother.

I would like to know if this bandwidth is good only for a single user or for all 6 to 10 users all with their own device?  Or does our customer needs a bigger bandwidth for that amount of trainees?

I do not know the network structur at the customer side and I do not want to know that because in future we will face similar siuations at different customers.

Thank you in advance for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Old Topic but not 100% clear for me: Calculation of bandwidth for a gotowebinar session

Hi @Hinnerk 

Typically attendees need much less bandwidth to attend a GoToWebinar broadcast compared to a presenter.  1.5 MB/s should be fine for each attendee on a shared network. 

** If you don't share your webcams during the broadcast and require the attendees to dial in by phone, this will reduce their LAN requirements by removing these to data feeds from the webinar. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Old Topic but not 100% clear for me: Calculation of bandwidth for a gotowebinar session

Hi @Hinnerk 

Typically attendees need much less bandwidth to attend a GoToWebinar broadcast compared to a presenter.  1.5 MB/s should be fine for each attendee on a shared network. 

** If you don't share your webcams during the broadcast and require the attendees to dial in by phone, this will reduce their LAN requirements by removing these to data feeds from the webinar. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Hinnerk
New Contributor

Thanx Ash for the information. So it should be fine.

Therefore closed 🙂