cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julieswork
Active Contributor

Opener failed to launch

I'm having an issue where my webinar won't launch.  I've tried multiple times and it looks like it's going to open and then nothing happens. I am WFH today and have done Google Meet and Teams calls without any problem. I've used GoTo from home before as well -- nothing has changed on my laptop.

Fortunately this was a dry run so I can reschedule for tomorrow, but what happens if it won't launch tomorrow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Opener failed to launch

@julieswork  The fact that 'nothing' happens, and there aren't any specific error messages indicates to me that something may be blocking the launch without your knowledge.  Let us know if uninstalling the GoTo Launcher has any effect... 

** Keep in mind that browser plugins and local firewalls may explain this behavior without your knowledge. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@julieswork   Have you tested the desktop software launch flow in an alternate web browser? 

Do you have any local firewalls that may be blocking the launcher itself from connecting? 

julieswork
Active Contributor

To my knowledge nothing has changed on my end since the last time I used GoToWebinar.  I'm going to try again today and see if it works. For reference I am using Chrome / PC.

julieswork
Active Contributor

Still not working. Tried another browser just to see. It just stalls out.  I may see if i can reinstall the software.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@julieswork  The fact that 'nothing' happens, and there aren't any specific error messages indicates to me that something may be blocking the launch without your knowledge.  Let us know if uninstalling the GoTo Launcher has any effect... 

** Keep in mind that browser plugins and local firewalls may explain this behavior without your knowledge.