cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MosesMendoza
New Contributor

Panelists can't see or hear video playing

Has anyone come across an issue where some of their panelists can't see or hear the videos being played by the co-organiser? 

I just ran a practice event and some people said they were having issues where they couldn't do one or the other so any advice would be great. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Panelists can't see or hear video playing

If they use the phone for their audio connection, they will not hear the audio for the video over the phone  If they have speakers on their computer, the audio will come through the speakers.

It could be a firewall issue or an internet connectivity issue for the Attendee that could keep the video from playing.

Since the video plays from the cloud directly to the Attendee's computer, the format of the video could make a difference.  Not all MP4s are created equal.  The Attendee's computer has to be able to play that particular version of MP4 video.  Different computer operating systems handle videos differently.

I always have a second computer running while I am presenting a GoToWebinar.  Often the video I start playing on the Presentation computer will start at a delay on the second computer and sometimes will not playback at all.  None of the reasons I gave earlier applied here.

The delay for me is a few seconds to several minutes.  Sometimes the video starts playing on the second computer before it starts playing on the Presentation computer.

If you have a short video, it could be just a delay issue rather then not playing at all.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If they use the phone for their audio connection, they will not hear the audio for the video over the phone  If they have speakers on their computer, the audio will come through the speakers.

It could be a firewall issue or an internet connectivity issue for the Attendee that could keep the video from playing.

Since the video plays from the cloud directly to the Attendee's computer, the format of the video could make a difference.  Not all MP4s are created equal.  The Attendee's computer has to be able to play that particular version of MP4 video.  Different computer operating systems handle videos differently.

I always have a second computer running while I am presenting a GoToWebinar.  Often the video I start playing on the Presentation computer will start at a delay on the second computer and sometimes will not playback at all.  None of the reasons I gave earlier applied here.

The delay for me is a few seconds to several minutes.  Sometimes the video starts playing on the second computer before it starts playing on the Presentation computer.

If you have a short video, it could be just a delay issue rather then not playing at all.

MosesMendoza
New Contributor

Thanks, Chris. Ran some more tests today and sorted the permissions for one Panelist. Couldn't get it to work for another but think it's a serious firewall on their office computer as it was already selected to allow sounds.