cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregor-CGSLabs
New Contributor

Payable on-demad webinar has expired! How can I fix this?

Hi Everybody

I have a problem with payable on-demand webinars. We have published several webinars that expired in December. The problem is that we couldn't set them up without an expiration date and later we did not get notified by the system that the webinars are about to expire. They just stopped working. Is there a way to reactivate them, so I don't need to make new copies of the webinars? I would need to change all the links on the web pages if I make copies of the webinars. If I try to edit a past webinar I can't change the date.

Thanks for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Payable on-demad webinar has expired! How can I fix this?

Hi @CarolineO  welcome to the GoTo Community. This actually appears to be the intended behavior.  When checking 'no end date' it will be available for 1 year after the start date. Apologies for any confusion. You can schedule a new on-demand webinar with the same recording if you need to extend further. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Gregor-CGSLabs welcome to the GoTo Community. You can edit and extend the date if the on demand webinar hasn't expired yet, but after it has expired you would have to schedule a new one using the same recording. Sorry I can't help further. 

Gregor-CGSLabs
New Contributor

Actually, even if the webinar did not expire jet you can not extend it to date beyond one year since it was first published. Does anybody know why such an administrative limitation is in place? We have many webinars (payable and free) on the portal that have been relevant to visitors for much more than one year.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Gregor-CGSLabs I was able to edit a webinar and it's in my dashboard on the new date. Have you tried this and it doesn't work for you? I'm also checking with our team. 

KateG_2-1672967585491.png

Gregor-CGSLabs
New Contributor

Hi Kate. Yes I did try this but thought that it wasn't working because the date was not updated in the dashboard view. And if I entered the edit mode it again showed the old date.  Page needs to be refreshed to reflect the changes.

- Enter edit mode

- Change the end date

- save changes (you land on the dashboard and see the old end date of the webinar)

- Refresh by clicking F5

- date is updated

This workflow works on my end.

Thanks,

Gregor

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Gregor-CGSLabs thanks for verifying and sharing your workflow. The team confirmed that editing and updating the date will extend the time frame beyond the original end date. 

CarolineO
Active Contributor

I have the same issue! Called helpdesk and was told not possible to extend beyond one year and have to reset up every single webinar and change links on our website which I don't want to do. I have edited this before but when I try to extend date now on edit you cannot click on any future dates to extend the longevity of the webinars. Can anyone help? 

CarolineO
Active Contributor

Kate this solution no longer appears to work. You cannot click on any future date to extend them. Can you help me? 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @CarolineO  welcome to the GoTo Community. This actually appears to be the intended behavior.  When checking 'no end date' it will be available for 1 year after the start date. Apologies for any confusion. You can schedule a new on-demand webinar with the same recording if you need to extend further. 

CarolineO
Active Contributor

Kate I did not check "no end date" though. Before you have always been able to edit webinar and amend end date to keep extending it as you describe above. This is no longer working. Can you help?