cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmacnv
Active Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

OK. The majority of my spring presentations are over, it was soooo painfull; now have to get ready for my summer presentations. I haven't heard from LogMeIn wrt LogMeIn solving my PowerPoint embedded video problems and the problems that were spawned from that. LogMwIn said there were working on a "fix" but I've heard anything, even after repeated requests. Time to move on. Checking out other Webinar business solution providers. First up...Zoom. Signed up for an account a few days ago. Started playing around with it and so far it seems like it might work. The biggie....my MAJOR PPT embedded video problem seems to be gone (Great!!). PPT embedded video seems  to play well (video and audio). The video is smooth, not choppy.There is an about a one quarter to one half second delay between the presenter and the participant. That's not a big deal to me and is a great trade for improved video quality. Control panel is about the same as LOGMeIn and its intuative enough for an easy and acceptable transition. I thought LogMeIn's response to my problem was terrible and indicative of their lack of interest in keeping their small business Customer base. 

GmacNV

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

@gmacnv  We just need to be clear about the functionality you are discussing:  We do not currently support the audio playback of an embedded or non-embedded video or audio file during a GoTo broadcast.

We do currently support the audio and video stream of pre-loaded video shorts that you may include with scheduled events in advance.  You can add up to 5 videos per webinar broadcast right now, and we may expand upon these options in the future. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I think that what GMACNV is saying is that Zoom has a video playback feature that people have been requesting in GoTo for many years.

gmacnv
Active Contributor

AshC

Chris is correct. Surprisingly, GoTo isn't compatible with one of the most basic, common and widely used business tool...PowerPoint (PPT). My PPT presentations…text…animation…embedded video… is scripted, formatted and orchestrated to achieve a high degree of audience attention, maximize their participation and maximize their learning experience. Unfortunately, embedded videos in my PPT came across as to choppy and negated all of my hard work, effort and significantly reduced learning. I’m exceptional at putting a square peg into a round hole. I am painfully aware of the five video upload capability, but what do you do when your presentation has 15-20 videos? I got around that limitation because I decided to invest 7-8 hours (for all 10 of my presentations)

1. Using video editing software that I had to learn on the fly, I combine 5-6 of my videos into one of their five video maximum limit. That was a lot of time and effort and...why only five?
  2. By combining 5-6 videos (i.e. topics) into one video, I'm now forcing my participants to “track” 5-6 different topics. When the video ends and there is post video discussion, there was always some confusion as to which of the 5-6 videos are we discussing
  3. Their uploaded video capability only offers play and stop, no rewind for a 2nd or 3rd review…what the hell?
  4. Their uploaded video capability caused me to jump between the PPT presentation and GoTo's video library. As a result, my presentations grew longer (not a good thing), I had to reduce content (not a good thing) to maintain time and participants learning experience was lowered (definitely not a good thing)
  5. The most ugliest of all…I had to spent 7-8 hours per presentation (times 10 presentations for a total of about 80 painful hours) to totally redo my presentation format/approach to fit an extremely untenable GoTo business solution

Now that my spring presentation window is over and my summer presentation window isn’t until late June, I’ve decided that GoTo’s business solution won’t work for my business and now is the time to look for a replacement. It’s not that I haven’t given GoTo an opportunity to meet my business needs, I’ve contacted them multiple times and generally get little to no response (arn't they in the business to provide business solutions). Seems my business isn’t that important to them. I can’t repeat what I just went through so I started searching for a replacement….first up is ZOOM. Have an account and started testing. So far, they seem to have a high quality PPT embedded video play capability. Will continue to explore. Hope to be back on track in a couple of months.

Thanks!

gmacnv

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I too have had to modify my usual PPT presentations to remove the videos and upload them to the GoTo viewer.  It's clunky changing from PPT to video and back again in GoTo, but it can be done.

My biggest frustration comes when I switch the GoTo presentation to a remote presenter who is showing PowerPoint, and then all of a sudden they are playing a video that I knew nothing about. 

I now have to remember to ask a presenter if they are planning to show a video as part of their presentation.  Sometimes I am just the GoTo Organizer and someone else has setup and coordinated the meeting.  Video has become a normal way of communicating, folks do not understand why they can't use it when presenting a GoToWebinar.

Once I had a presenter who was playing an audio clip as part of their presentation.  They asked the audience how the song related to the visual image on the screen, but since nobody heard the song, it became a bit of confusion for everyone.  I had to field lots of questions from the Attendees about why they could not hear the music.  That also makes it look like I don't know what I'm doing.

Zoom has a button to enable sharing computer audio.

nikniknik
New Contributor

Why are we debating how to upload or show videos when everyone on this thread found a solution in the BlackMagic Mini that creates a far better experience if GTM, GTW, or GTT would recognize it?

Add functionality that supports the way your users want to work and have proven provides an enhanced experience. 

@AshC 
Is LogMeIn doing anything to accomodate this hardware?
If not, what is LogMeIn's stance reagarding the non-accomodation?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

We have found the ATEM Mini does work on Macintosh computers but not under Windows, so in partial answer to your question, No, not everyone has found this to be a solution.  I do have an ATEM Mini and a Macintosh computer, and even I don't use this solution for showing videos in GoToWebinar.  I upload my videos to the webinar like everyone else.  It's not perfect, but sure beats syncing a reel-to-reel tape recorder with multiple 35mm slide projectors.  We've come a long way.

nikniknik
New Contributor

I understand the macintoshs have some compatiblility, though screen cropping has been an issue. 

In a live training scneario where an instructor is working on product and juggling multiple angles, the Blackmagic does everything needed, including switch in of video manuals or  marketing assets. 
However, in a coporate environment where the vast majority of user are on a PC and may need this type of functionality, it would be nice to see LogMeIn support the functionality as one of their subscribers. This is a different issue from this thread aside from the use of the BM Mini seemingly solving the OP's, and my, issue if LogMeIn would support. 

gmacnv
Active Contributor

As a business solution provider, I was expecting GoTo to provide a simple, turn key solution. Again, PPT is a basic business tool and anyone in the business solution business should be compatible with these types of tools employed by a Customer. It's not the Customers job to make a business solution work for their business (i.e. BM mini). It's the job of the provider to adjust to the needs of the Customer. Bottom line....GoTo doesn't seem to fit my business needs. That's OK but I can't justify staying as a GoTo customer under these circumstances... particularly when I provided extensive feedback. I just need to find someone who can meet my business requirements and fortunately I have at least one promising lead.

gmacnv

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Hey Chris, 

First of all thanks a lot, you really know your stuff!

I am organizing full-day meetings with a lot of pre-recorded content and the video upload option is just not good enough. Also, its a problem that that if someone joins mid-presentation or is disconnected and has to reconnect they are taken to the start of the video. 

Your solution seems to be working quite well for me with some adjustments. I am using an Elgato HD60s for the video and connecting audio through a Zoom H1n recorder which seems to be doing a great job getting both the video and audio from PC1 which is showing the video to PC2 which is connected to GTW. 

I tested the broadcast and both video and audio are going through although sometimes the video is a bit pixilated and hard to see. I am not sure if it's because of internet speeds or something else. Have you encountered something like this? I just want to make sure the participants see the video properly.

Thanks a million!