cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

I too have had to modify my usual PPT presentations to remove the videos and upload them to the GoTo viewer.  It's clunky changing from PPT to video and back again in GoTo, but it can be done.

My biggest frustration comes when I switch the GoTo presentation to a remote presenter who is showing PowerPoint, and then all of a sudden they are playing a video that I knew nothing about. 

I now have to remember to ask a presenter if they are planning to show a video as part of their presentation.  Sometimes I am just the GoTo Organizer and someone else has setup and coordinated the meeting.  Video has become a normal way of communicating, folks do not understand why they can't use it when presenting a GoToWebinar.

Once I had a presenter who was playing an audio clip as part of their presentation.  They asked the audience how the song related to the visual image on the screen, but since nobody heard the song, it became a bit of confusion for everyone.  I had to field lots of questions from the Attendees about why they could not hear the music.  That also makes it look like I don't know what I'm doing.

Zoom has a button to enable sharing computer audio.

nikniknik
New Contributor

Re: Play video embedded in PowerPoint and mix multiple computers and cameras to a GoToWebinar -

Why are we debating how to upload or show videos when everyone on this thread found a solution in the BlackMagic Mini that creates a far better experience if GTM, GTW, or GTT would recognize it?

Add functionality that supports the way your users want to work and have proven provides an enhanced experience. 

@AshC 
Is LogMeIn doing anything to accomodate this hardware?
If not, what is LogMeIn's stance reagarding the non-accomodation?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

We have found the ATEM Mini does work on Macintosh computers but not under Windows, so in partial answer to your question, No, not everyone has found this to be a solution.  I do have an ATEM Mini and a Macintosh computer, and even I don't use this solution for showing videos in GoToWebinar.  I upload my videos to the webinar like everyone else.  It's not perfect, but sure beats syncing a reel-to-reel tape recorder with multiple 35mm slide projectors.  We've come a long way.

nikniknik
New Contributor

I understand the macintoshs have some compatiblility, though screen cropping has been an issue. 

In a live training scneario where an instructor is working on product and juggling multiple angles, the Blackmagic does everything needed, including switch in of video manuals or  marketing assets. 
However, in a coporate environment where the vast majority of user are on a PC and may need this type of functionality, it would be nice to see LogMeIn support the functionality as one of their subscribers. This is a different issue from this thread aside from the use of the BM Mini seemingly solving the OP's, and my, issue if LogMeIn would support. 

gmacnv
Active Contributor

As a business solution provider, I was expecting GoTo to provide a simple, turn key solution. Again, PPT is a basic business tool and anyone in the business solution business should be compatible with these types of tools employed by a Customer. It's not the Customers job to make a business solution work for their business (i.e. BM mini). It's the job of the provider to adjust to the needs of the Customer. Bottom line....GoTo doesn't seem to fit my business needs. That's OK but I can't justify staying as a GoTo customer under these circumstances... particularly when I provided extensive feedback. I just need to find someone who can meet my business requirements and fortunately I have at least one promising lead.

gmacnv

Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Hey Chris, 

First of all thanks a lot, you really know your stuff!

I am organizing full-day meetings with a lot of pre-recorded content and the video upload option is just not good enough. Also, its a problem that that if someone joins mid-presentation or is disconnected and has to reconnect they are taken to the start of the video. 

Your solution seems to be working quite well for me with some adjustments. I am using an Elgato HD60s for the video and connecting audio through a Zoom H1n recorder which seems to be doing a great job getting both the video and audio from PC1 which is showing the video to PC2 which is connected to GTW. 

I tested the broadcast and both video and audio are going through although sometimes the video is a bit pixilated and hard to see. I am not sure if it's because of internet speeds or something else. Have you encountered something like this? I just want to make sure the participants see the video properly.

Thanks a million! 

GeorgB
Active Contributor

ATEM video switcher / webcam support - maximum resolution?

Hi all, I am trying to connect an ATEM via USB to GoToMeeting - the ATEM is acting as a webcam. GTW is only able to establish connection in case the ATAM is configured to 720p. Does anybody know, when GTW will suport HD (at least 1080p) cameras? 

Tags (1)
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Ammon_Ron - Are you running the Elgato HD60s into a Windows or Mac computer to broadcast the GoToWebinar?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor
Amnon_Ron
Active Contributor

Hey Chris, 

I am using 2 PCs. The broadcasting PC is a Lenovo X1 and the 'webcam' PC is a Lenovo Yoga.

It still seems like this mode of broadcast is not quite as sharp as the GTW built in upload option, but obviously this does solve the capacity and timing issues (so people don't have to start a video from the beginning if they join midway). 

Im still trying to figure out if I can make the sound quality better. Is the sound to your broadcasting computer coming in through HDMI or the microphone jack? 

Thanks!

Amnon