cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meetonline-dtc
New Contributor

Problem with gotowebinar attendees getting emails

We operate a technology cooperative for many small governments which use a shared email system. Our users are not receiving registration or reminder email messages because of the way they are sent out. Our security system rejects them due to the use of sendgrid. This service has been identified by many of the systems we use to identify dangerous messages as having been compromised and as compromised now. We have whitelisted the email domain gotowebinar.com and added wide exception to the spam filters for it but the messages are still quarantined due to sendgrid.  Our users need to attend these vital webinars but they are hampered by your notification system. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with gotowebinar attendees getting emails

Yes. Yes. Yes. It's been a problem for YEARS. Nothing is ever done about it. 

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@meetonline-dtc  Sendgrid is used by many incorporated companies and is a standard provider, well respected in the industry.  If you have registrants reporting email delivery failure, and they have already cleared the sending-address 'customercare@gotowebinar.com', then either you or the participants themselves may contact Customer Support by phone to have the address' removed from our blocked list in order to start receiving communications again.

@Fran_Simon  This isn't a problem from our side, and there are no current plans to change email providers.  We may update the security documentation though, to include specific IP ranges of emails sent by GoTo if possible.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
meetonline-dtc
New Contributor

The problem is Sendgrid. They are being reported as actively compromised.  I do not believe our users are being blocked on your end. The messages to them, sent through Sendgrid, are being filtered out by our security system based on the active compromise report.  Now that I know you are not changing anything on your end, I suppose we will have to devise a way to safely deliver the meeting links ourselves.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

It's great you discovered the problem and good for you for having some kind of workaround. Some of us don't have the ability to send out the links another way.  Our webinars book between 2,100 and 12,000 people, and registrations continue up through after the webinar starts. I can't imagine how to work around this ever present (never resolved) problem.

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com