cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Second week in which the system reports zero attendees

THREE PROBLEMS:

1)  This is the second week in a row when our webinar shows as no ZERO ATTENDEES but in fact over 950 people attended. The webinar is:

Webinar ID

986-584-051

Because there are no attendees reported, we can't generate attendee or survey data and the registration report is incorrect. We are under contract to deliver attendee data to our clients on Friday. This is the second week in a row when we will miss the deadline, thanks to GTW errors.

2)    The data for the webinar we had trouble with last week was restored earlier this week, but now the dashboard reports ZERO attendees again.

Webinar ID

951-410-379

3) Also: Now when I look at the dashboard at all the past webinars which were delivered as webcasts, I see that the system is reporting webinars that were presented as webcasts as On-Demand.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

See image below… 

GTW dashboard.png

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Second week in which the system reports zero attendees

@Jamch we see that you have a current case open and our team is working on restoring your data. Your case will be updated once it's restored.

@Fran_Simon we are currently reviewing the status of your case. 

Please note: 

1. We are fixing the webinars that are missing data on a case by case basis.
  2. We have a fix for the Cancelled Registrations currently being reviewed. It is being treated as a high priority and we hope to release it soon. We will continue to update this thread on the status of the fix. 

Thanks everyone for your patience and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Fran,

My understanding was this is a result of a database move. I see that you already have a support ticket open and it is escalated to the development team who are working on this. I will check in on the status of this next week.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Yes, I understand there wasadatabase migration, however it seems like a week would have been enough time to not only restore the existing data, but also correct the database problems. I had no follow up today. Also, I just discovered that the Android App shows no data for any past webinars. There is nothing in the past webinars section on the app. My goal is to ensure I not only get the data I need, but also ensure someone is actively working on the technical issue so it does not happen again.

Someone should have followed up with me today. I need a supervisor to contact me.
Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Jamch
Active Contributor

Has this issue been resolved?? We are having the same issue from a December 14 webinar where over 1200 people attended AND they all received emails stating they did NOT attend. As a result, we have hundreds of support requests of angry people asking what happened. I spoke to an agent and there is NO timeline on when this will be resolved?? Is the data lost??  What is the deal and why is there very little information on this?

We have future webinars with over 1000 people scheduled and now we are worried the same will happen then. Being an industry leader in webinars for a long time, this is unacceptable!  Please provide ongoing updates, GoTo!!

Jamch
Active Contributor

Glenn - Please see my latest message on this thread.
KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Jamch we see that you have a current case open and our team is working on restoring your data. Your case will be updated once it's restored.

@Fran_Simon we are currently reviewing the status of your case. 

Please note: 

1. We are fixing the webinars that are missing data on a case by case basis.
  2. We have a fix for the Cancelled Registrations currently being reviewed. It is being treated as a high priority and we hope to release it soon. We will continue to update this thread on the status of the fix. 

Thanks everyone for your patience and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Fran_Simon, I reviewed your support tickets and I see support responded to you and that you confirmed the data was restored for the reports. This issue and the canceled registration issue are both high priorities for our developers and are being worked on currently. Are there any webinars that you still need reporting data for?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Glenn,  right now I have a lag in webinars until after the holidays, thank goodness. Even though I have the data I need for the moment, I've been told the database disruption is not resolved, but the Support Agent closed the ticket and told me I can reopen it if it happens again. UMMMM. NO.  The ticket should remain open until the database issue is resolved and customers can expect to not encounter this problem again. Here's what the agent said:

Our Engineering team hasn't fixed the issue for complete, however you can feel assured they're doing their best to prevent this in the future. 
In case you're experience this problem again you can reopen this ticket at anytime and we'll recover the information.  

How could it be possible that the database gets so disrupted with an update to the point that after almost two weeks it has not been resolved? I am frustrated with the lack of upfront and proactive communication and the lack of service.

Do you think this will be resolved by the start of 2023? 

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Jamch
Active Contributor

Hi Fran - with the vague communications it opens the door for one to wonder if there was a security incident here. GOTO - Was there any part of this that was related to a security issue?

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

As I reported previously, in addition to the attendance problems, the PAST EVENTS section in the Android app is void of past events.  While that might seem minor, I use the app every day. 

What is the ETA for having the database work done so this does not happen again on a future webinar? Is anyone working on the Android app issue?Screenshot_20221220_092658_GoToWebinar.jpg

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies