cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliD
Active Contributor

Social Images/Text

We ideally want to be able to track where our attendees are coming from. You do allow us to add a source, which we use, but we can only use them for emails or links on websites because of how it shows up on social media. Therefore we have no way to track how many registrations come from social media and from which platform, which is annoying. Ideally, the event image would show up, but at the very least having the title of the event would be better than large text that just reads, "Web Link".  So, we're forced to use our webpage, where we can enable a social image to appear. Is there any way to have registration links look decent on social media to making tracking more useable? 

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 3.51.25 PM.png

10 REPLIES 10
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Social Images/Text

You should be able to create your own graphic and attach the URL to that.

AliD
Active Contributor

It sounds like you're saying, "go post an image and then add a url to the text". If that's not correct, then please clarify. The problem with that is that then someone clicks on the image and it just gets bigger, rather than taking them to the link.

The issue is that the pages have no metadata, especially Open Graph tags that are used by the social media sites.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@AliD  What would you say is wrong with the current registration link format?  Just that they are on the lengthy side?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AliD
Active Contributor

I have no problem with the length of the registration link. I have a problem where when you post the link on social media, ideally an image of the event would show up, or at the very least the name of the event, something that is a better descriptor than "Web link". 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@AliD  Are you sharing the link from inside your GoToWebinar account by using the social links available on each event page?

AliD
Active Contributor

I'm creating tracking links so we can track where registrations come from. But having just tried using the social share post, it still does the exact same thing. It just shows up just as a link in Twitter (if we add an image, that's not going to go to the link) and it shows up reading "Web Link" in large text in LinkedIn.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@AliD   In my experience the actual share links generated for specific platforms should include details about the webinar itself.  If that's not working correctly, would you be able to take a short video of how you are utilizing this from the GoToWebinar platform?

AliD
Active Contributor

I can create a video of a few ways we've tried to make this work, but would you mind showing me a screenshot of any webinar through GTW that is shared on Twitter or Linked in and what it is programmed to look like? You can see in my original post what our LI post looks like when we use a GTW registration link, so I'm curious what (if not that) you think it should look like in using your share links.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

When using the share links the webinar registration page images should also come through in most media formats.