cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Too many keystrokes

I'm just logging in to gotowebinar and see the new changes.  Everything is extra-large and now requires many more keystrokes to make changes.  Before certain changes could be make on the Webinar page.  Is the plan to continue to increase keystrokes or is this an experiment?

13 REPLIES 13
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Too many keystrokes

@aspenteam  It sounds like you are experiencing the new scheduling interface online for GoToWebinar?  You may still switch back to the old view if you don't like the new one. 

If you have specific examples of where you could create a webinar previously or customize it with fewer mouse clicks, please let us know the exact steps taken between the two platforms so that we may compare the experience?

New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback...  how do we revert back to the classic version or prior version in gotowebinar.   

LogMeIn Contributor

@aspenteam  If you click on your user icon in the upper right, there will be a menu to choose from:  Classic is the previous view.

Respected Contributor

When I first log in to GoToWebinar, using the old interface, I see a list of the upcoming fifteen or so webinars.  In the new interface, I see only two.  I have to click the See More button to see only eight, and have to click the number 2 to see the next eight. 

In the old interface I like having the date in large font so I can quickly scroll down the page to find a free date.  The new interface has the number of people registered in the largest font, which is something I could have as the smallest font.

There is a Compact view that creates two columns. The Compact view would be better for me if it was only one column instead of two. (and if the date was larger)

On the old interface I liked having the Start, Copy, and Share as separate buttons. The new look has me clicking on the three dots (what do we call that?) to access any of those. That is where we start looking at extra mouse clicks.  It takes an extra mouse click to open the three-dot menu.

In the old interface I could easily copy the registration link (url). In the new system, you cannot do that from the three-dot menu. That will give you a place to click the link, but copying that link by dragging across that gives the possibility of not selecting the first or last character.  The only way to get a copy of the registration link in the new interface is to click the three-dot menu, select share, click the link, which opens in a web browser, triple click on the URL line, and copy it.  That is a lot of extra clicks for me just to get the registration link so I can post it somewhere else.

If you click on the name of a webinar, the old interface opened a page with about 20 sections of information. I could scroll down the page to find the section I want and click the Edit link.  On the new interface, when you click on a name of a webinar, you get a page with seven sections, but they are all collapsed except the first one.  I have to click and open each one when I want to upload a video or add documents to my webinar.  Rather than scrolling down through 20 items, I now have to remember what setting is under what heading. That's lots more clicking for me.

I appreciate white space, but I think it has been overdone, which leads to very tall pages with everything spread out farther then it needs to be.  Viewing this on a small monitor, like an old laptop computer, means lots more scrolling than we used to do with the old interface.

In the old interface there is a My Recordings link on the left side of the page.  In the new look there is a Video Library that you get to by clicking on the small picture of a movie film.  Most folks today have never seen a movie film up close to understand that those six dots are actually holes in the film.  What about an icon of a camera (attached)?  Should we call this the six-dot menu to distinguish it from the three-dot menu?

One confusing part of the new interface is that GoTo used to differentiate between a recording of a webinar by calling it a Recording, and a video you play back during a webinar as a Video.  Now, for the new interface, you call all of them Videos.  I can see this as a problem in these discussions helping new folks understand the difference between a Video you play during a webinar and a Video that is a recording of the webinar.  Using the same term for two separate things will cause confusion. 

When I am looking at the list of recordings, now called Video Library, is there any way to list them in a list format, rather than an array of large green/blue rectangles.  I just want a simple list of the recordings. I don’t need to watch the recordings on this page. 

If I have clicked on something and just want to get back to my list of webinars, in the old interface, I just clicked on My Webinars, in the new look, you click on the home icon, but it is labeled as Dashboard.  Is this the new name for Home?  Why not use a picture of a car dashboard (like this)?  I have never called my house a dashboard, so it seems that most people would not equate a picture of a house with an area of the website called Dashboard.

I used to be able to go to the Generate Reports section and quickly get a Registration report or an Attendee report.  In the new look, I click on Analytics, then click Build Report, then Click Registration, then click unselect all of the webinars I do NOT want a report (why are they all selected initially?) and then click Proceed with the Selected Webinars, Then click to select a file format (I always want the same format) and then select Download. That’s eight clicks.  On the old interface, I select Generate Reports, Registration Report is already selected as default. I click Show Webinars. I select the one I want, and select the Generate Report button.  That is four clicks under the old interface, vs eight clicks under the new interface.  That’s twice as many clicks.

I do not use the new interface. I tested it when you first introduced it, but have not used it since. I went back today to see if the extra clicks were still an issue and they still are.  How long will the old interface be available? I assume that we will all have to start using the new interface at some point in the future.

LogMeIn Contributor

Thank you for the feedback @Chris Droessler  @aspenteam  !

We are still making adjustments to the new GoToWebinar scheduling interface, and we will share these points with the product teams.  While the older interface won't be around forever, we hope to make the new experience even better in the future.

Respected Contributor

FYI - I do not have a button to start a new topic on theses discussion boards (Firefox on a Mac).  Is it just me?

I tried out the new interface and added some polls to my webinar. What I found was I could not indicate whether the poll would allow one or multiple answers. I had to go back to the old interface and delete the polls and add the new ones I wanted.

The old interface required less clicks to create polls. On the new interface you have to keep clicking to add an answer, whereas on the old interface the five answer slots were already there waiting for my input.

I assume this feature will be added to the new interface. Question - Polls created using the new interface, are they single answer or multiple answer?

Respected Contributor

Any word on fixing the Attendee Report?

When I go there, the default is a checkmark by all of the webinars and an error message that says "You have more than one webinar selected. Please select only one webinar from the table and click download."

This means I have to uncheck all of them except the one I want to report.

And then after I click only one of them, I have to select the "Proceed with the Selected Session(s)" button, as if I could select more then one.

Can you change the default to check none of them?

Firefox 68.0.1 on Mac OS 10.13.6

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Chris Droessler,

The team have confirmed that they will be working on the check mark default in their upcoming development cycle.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Respected Contributor

Thanks GlennD