cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

Trouble loading video - is there a glitch today?

I never have this problem, but today, the system is throwing an error when I attempt to upload a video to a webinar (engage attendees area). To see if there might have been a problem with the video, I attempted to upload a video that I've successfully uploaded and used in the past. I get the same upload error.  Anyone else? My webinar is at 3pm today. I really need this solved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Trouble loading video - is there a glitch today?

@Leigh Strinsky Update: this issue appears to be resolved now, please let me know if you are still having issues. Thanks again for your report.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

Amending my post to also add that I've logged into another GotoWebinar account that I manage and am having the same issue. I've also tried a different browser. Having the same issue in Firefox and in Chrome - latest version of both.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Leigh Strinsky our team is currently aware that customers experience an error uploading videos on GTW today. You can still upload videos via YouTube, though that may not be an option for you. 

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your calling this out here. I'll keep this thread updated as I learn more. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Leigh Strinsky Update: this issue appears to be resolved now, please let me know if you are still having issues. Thanks again for your report.  

CCH_Learning
New Contributor

Hi

We had not previously used this feature but have successfully uploaded mp4s today. The only issue is that the audio is not playing for attendees.

We have tested on multiple machines and tried various audio output setting but nothing works.

When I saw this post I wondered if the issue might be related?

Please can you advise if functionality has been fully restored or are there still glitches?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@CCH_Learning welcome to the GoTo Community. This issue is resolved and should not have caused the audio to drop. Were you able to hear the audio and your attendees were not? If so this article has a few troubleshoots. 

CCH_Learning
New Contributor

Hi Kate

No, we couldn't hear audio on our side as organisers/panelists and nor could attendees.

We tried:

1. various machines
  2. chaning audio outputs on those machines
  3. several different panelists
  4. reading the KB article you provided

Note that we had no issue hearing audio when conducting the GTW 'tests' for audio - both mic and speakers worked fine. Attendees were also able to hear the panelists without any difficulty. It was only the video which lacked audio.

Unlike GoToMeeting where you have the option to 'share media sound', there appears to be no such setting for GoToWebinar. As best we can tell from the article it is just supposed to work. From this standpoint the article doesn't really provide any troubleshooting tips.

We're following the steps and the video launches fine, it just has no audio. I can't find any 'corrective actions' listed which is why I reached out to you when I saw this thread. I thought perhaps it was related to the glitch referred to here.

Either way we need urgent resolution since we have a 30 minute showcase tomorrow which is entirely reliant on sharing an uploaded video.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can escalate this?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@CCH_Learning I see that you reached out to support for further assistance. I hope you were able to find a resolution.