cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

URGENT: How can I keep attendees from seeing other attendee text, questions, and answers?

I know how to hide attendee names but want to make sure all texts, questions and answers are private and not seen by other attendees. I don't know how to set this up and need to know for a webinar tonight so PLEASE ANSWER  if you know how to do this. 
Thanks, Linda
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: URGENT: How can I keep attendees from seeing other attendee text, questions, and answers?

Hi Linda,

That is the way GoToWebinar operates by standard. No need to set anything up specifically. All chat messages sent between an attendee and a panelist or organizer are private. The same is true for the Q&A.

You can specifically chose a question and answer and share it publically if you wish, but the default is that it's always private. 

Hope this helps,

Daniel
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: URGENT: How can I keep attendees from seeing other attendee text, questions, and answers?

Daniel,
Thanks. Last time I used it it seemed everyone was seeing all the questions so good to have confirmation that they are not. 
Can you explain to me the difference between the "chat" and the Questions and Answers? 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Linda,
'Chat' during a GoToWebinar is primarily for Staff members only.  However, if you want to send a text message to the entire audience, you may initiate this from your Organizer software.  The reasoning behind this is two-fold:  Managing the audience to keep them engaged in the presentation, and Keeping your attendee information private (assuming they are not familiar with one another).

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ash,
Thanks that is helpful, please confirm my understanding. 

I can send a 'chat' message to the entire audience or I can send a question/answer to the entire audience.  In each case the attendee may respond to the 'chat' or via question/answer.

If using question/answer the attendee responses are not seen by other attendees. 

Here's the question, assuming the above is correct.
If using Chat ,is the response then seen by all the attendees?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Linda,
Question / Answers can be sent to individuals or to the entire audience-- it's up to you, or the staff member (panelist / Co-organizer) you assign the question to.

Attendees in GoToWebinar do not have the ability to chat by default, but can respond directly to Organizers who initiate a chat with them.

Hopefully that makes things clearer, and here's a point of reference:  http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/all_files/G2W040016