Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Unique attendee link/domain/ID

Hi Folks,

Quick question, please?

Can you lock GTW registration email to a company domain (users must have a valid comp email)  to access meetings or at least be forced to provide a valid one or prompted to await Organizer approval before been allowed in the meeting if they're using a different address/domain?

We've seen a series of security breaches where an attendee link is shared and random users can sign in with fake emails to attend our meetings.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unique attendee link/domain/ID

Hi @uuzoma,

I'm afraid GoToWebinar join links can be reused several times in order to allow for an attendee to switch devices if necessary while in session.  My advice in this scenario is to keep an eye out for duplicate attendee listings through your GoToWebinar control panel, while broadcasting live.

GoToWebinar Organizers may also set their registrations to 'approval only', so that only pre-screened registrants will receive a join-link to the broadcast.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @ AshC

Could you please tell me if there is an ability to disconnect webinar attendees who use the same join link? 

My company wants only registered users to attend our webinars and wants to prevent re-sending personal join links to people who's not registered in our community.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You could scan the Attendee list during the webinar looking for duplicates.  If duplicates are found, you can dismiss both from the webinar, both the person who shared the Join Link and the person who accepted the shared Join Link.

A problem with this solution is that Attendees can change their name once they have joined the webinar. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @Chris Droessler 

Thank you for your reply.

If I get you right there is no way to see exact Join Link for particular webinar attendee?
Only name he/she uses for the webinar, right?

Even somewhere in Admin tools I cannot see  Join Link for particular webinar attendee?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

You see their name and email address, both of which they can change after they join the webinar.